why so much hate towards electric cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, once again i see ideology trumps common sense, math and science.

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Maybe its just me but the electrical car fanaticism seems to be with folks who are more interested in tech than cars. More power to them, but it just goes back to the thought that most folks don't even know how to maintenance their own car or change a tire. I should have invested in AAA years ago, they are going to make a killing with more EVs being on the road. (it's just my thoughts)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
On pay day I'm getting a brand new ebike for less then some people spend on ther car per week lol.ill drive it for a year then sell it for what I payed for it lol

SpiritHill

Newly Enlightened
i understand how cars work ive rebuilt engines ive dont it all .and trust me eletric is better now .and in 10 years it wont even be close.
I will tell you why I hate them. These cars were ordered by Joe Biden to all manufacturers because he wants all Americans to go "green". He understands little if anything about global warming, electricity, electric cars and so forth. When he ordered these cars and to this day, the infrastructure is very short. Presently, the charging stations are few and far between so you drive to Florida or California from some place in northern Michigan, what do you do, stop and knock on someone's door and ask if you can use their electricity to charge your car? NASA discovered the axis of the earth shifted in 1958 which is causing changes in the climate. All the other reasons are hoaxes for one reason or the other. When Obama was in office there was a huge, supposedly, planet wide meeting of willing countries to sign agreements that effectively would have put the UN in charge of ONE WORLD ORDER (that is government) for climate control. Do you want the UN governing the U.S.? Most do not. Further, batteries for E Cars are expensive and some of us just love the sound of gasoline engines. Lastly, no one wants something forced down their throats which is what is happening thanks to Joe Biden.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Just the lack of moving parts and it's simplicity to me is a huge benefit over ice

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened
Personally, I like
I will tell you why I hate them. These cars were ordered by Joe Biden to all manufacturers because he wants all Americans to go "green". He understands little if anything about global warming, electricity, electric cars and so forth. When he ordered these cars and to this day, the infrastructure is very short. Presently, the charging stations are few and far between so you drive to Florida or California from some place in northern Michigan, what do you do, stop and knock on someone's door and ask if you can use their electricity to charge your car? NASA discovered the axis of the earth shifted in 1958 which is causing changes in the climate. All the other reasons are hoaxes for one reason or the other. When Obama was in office there was a huge, supposedly, planet wide meeting of willing countries to sign agreements that effectively would have put the UN in charge of ONE WORLD ORDER (that is government) for climate control. Do you want the UN governing the U.S.? Most do not. Further, batteries for E Cars are expensive and some of us just love the sound of gasoline engines. Lastly, no one wants something forced down their throats which is what is happening thanks to Joe Biden.
Yeah, first the quack "scientists" called their hoax "global warming." We were all going to roast to death unless we gave them trillions of dollars to rescue us. Their "proof" is that ice is melting in the summer and they show us a picture of a hungry polar bear (polar bears eat people btw)

But now decades later... Everything is perfectly fine. Record breaking cold and blizzards actually - maybe we need more global warming.

So what do "the experts" and policitans say about this? They rebrand it "climate change." Now if it gets colder, warmer, windier, more hurricanes, less hurricanes, more rain, less rain, etc... They can claim that this is proof of what they're saying and we need to give them trillions of dollars.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just the lack of moving parts and it's simplicity to me is a huge benefit over ice
That is an outdated belief that is no longer true as far as modern cars go. Moving parts are not the problem today, electronic is. it fails more often than moving parts, harder to diagnose, more expensive to fix., To be honest i'm not so sure EVs have less moving parts, they still have suspension, heat pumps, steering assist motors, some have liquid cooling for controllers/inverters, pumps....
This was true if you compared Ford T model and an electric car of early 1900s, but today it is no longer the case.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I deleted the post due to the politics rule lol I forget which forum I am on somedays

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I deleted the post due to the politics rule lol I forget which forum I am on somedays
Screenshot_20230227-124205.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Btw is the Simpsons still good? I quit watching years ago no reason just quit .but been a fan since before it was it own tv show and was just a bit of the trcey ullmeen show

Status
Not open for further replies.