• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I notice you guys never take my recommendation to order the base model to keep cost low. LOL

lumentia

Enlightened
I notice you guys never take my recommendation to order the base model to keep cost low. LOL
Large bodied Super Throwers with tight beams are the only light where it's OK for me to have a single mode (k50 was a good example. I never used anything but high). Even the k40l gets used on some lower modes occasionally since it's smaller and handy to carry and has a marginally useful beam size for tasks other than spotting at long distance. If it had a small, handy slip on diffuser it would be quite useful as a camping / general purpose outdoor light since it has all the modes I use for that and can throw when u need it and has the battery capacity for extended use.

This is a nice size light. Not to short like I felt the ld02 was. It was hard to hold without blocking the beam with your palm while your thumb was on the tailswitch. Might have to pick one of these up after I catch up a bit.

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handling heat the way it does makes it beyond just a WOW light.

does it require the $20 triple copper hs to have the great handling of heat on high? does it make a pretty big difference? like how many extra minutes will i get to run it on high vs without the extra triple copper hs?

and in your pictures, you show a comparison picture of stock vs your modded version. is the stock picture with the same imr battery, or is that with a alkaline battery.
because from some reviews, i have read that on a stock tool light, with a imr, it produces 4-500 lumens.
and your toolvn is 7-800 lumens, but it sure looks more than double the output.

Prepped

Enlightened
What 10440 battery are you using, Vinh?
I ask because I know some lights can be picky with what they will take and I want to make sure I get the right kind.

thenorway

Enlightened
Vinh,
Great Review and awesome light.
Here is my order.
:paypal:
$55 TOOLvn
XPL HI 6000K

Extra Options:
+ $35 DriverVN2
+ $20 For triple layer copper HS
+ $5 for "V54" Engraved

$115.00 Paypal to Follow

Thanks,
TheNorway

Last edited:

LSX

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, this is good timing as I have been looking to buy one of these recently. But have you had any issues with the switch when it's running DD? I read the switches don't handle much current and the internal spring collapses?? Can you shed any light on this?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, this is good timing as I have been looking to buy one of these recently. But have you had any issues with the switch when it's running DD? I read the switches don't handle much current and the internal spring collapses?? Can you shed any light on this?
NO problems so far. Reverse clickies are beasts by design. Forward clicky thought utilize a tiny spring for momentary action and this is where things fail.

Prepped

Enlightened
I've modified my stock one with a strong magnet, to make it a little more versatile!

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
So you went from 70 factory lumens to 700+.....I may have to get one of these purely for the wow factor!

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Is there much difference in throw in this small light between the XPL and XPG2. I already have a D25C Ti modded by you and although I prefer a thrower, I wish it had a little more flood. It's a true mini thrower.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Is there much difference in throw in this small light between the XPL and XPG2. I already have a D25C Ti modded by you and although I prefer a thrower, I wish it had a little more flood. It's a true mini thrower.

XPG2 PDT dedome should throw decent.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
*TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015
$55 TOOLvn*
With reflector mod and Led
XPL HI5000K
Extra Options:
+ $35 DriverVN2
+ $20 For triple layer copper HS
+ $5 for "V54" Engraved*
+ $7 International shipping*