Top AAA light nowadays is which one?

thaugen

Enlightened
Oops...I meant to say, "I am now the happy owner of a Fenix E05..." I will blame it on too little sleep last night because of a sick child...

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... I know that I have a High CRI Logan. I thought there were some Eigers with the High CRI LED that were not the Nichia as well. Honestly, both my Peak's have come from the Marketplace so I don't know where they were purchased originally.

I keep an L0D on my keys, but that's only a backup or can't-forget-at-home light. I normally carry something much brighter in 1X123 format in another pocket. The torpedo -coming out soon- might make me revisit my choice, though.

Overeary seems to only have the cool version of the Eiger QTC... any other sources? Are you saying they still have high CRI's, just not with the Nichia??? I don't see that anywhere, but I'd be happy with at least neutral. The Nichia where sold out a long time ago - only 40 were made.

you are NOT very happy with your E05??

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the input on great lights everyone, I'm very pleased to have found the Revo last night. After searching high and low, I found it stuffed in a beanie in my laundry basket! So happy right now :)

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
@GeoBruin that Peak light is very interesting, looks to be a good deal too...$23 almost can't afford not to have one! Does it come with all the options too, keychain, flat and momentary on in one package? That is nice!
I think I've fond my AAA grail. It's the Peak Eiger QTC with the Nichia 119 High CRI LED. Infinitely variable from very little light to a lot of light, runs on NiMHs or Li Ions, BEAUTIFUL beam (I believe it's the same emitter used in McGizmo's sundrop) and it's got Peak's legendary toughness. Couldn't ask for more. Although, I'm working on a custom "peripheral" for it which could make it even cooler...

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the input on great lights everyone, I'm very pleased to have found the Revo last night. After searching high and low, I found it stuffed in a beanie in my laundry basket! So happy right now :)

Good news! Time to celebrate by buying a new light (I'm this close to buying a peak myself...)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I waited for months for the Peak Eiger to be in stock and when I got it I had to return it because the O-ring was exposed even when on. Oveready said his entire inventory was like that and it might Peak till summer to get it straightened out. I tried contacting Peak but they don't answer their phones or return calls. Oveready was great to deal with and gladly accepted the return.

I did get to play with it a bit though and wasn't overwhelmed with the QTC. Frankly while the concept of the QTC is cool in practice not so much, It flickers and randomly gets brighter or dimmer and when you think you have turned it off it sometimes turns itself back on. I may give it another chance when they get the tube sizing QC right as it does have a lower low than any other. I also like the beam and simpleness of it all. My girlfriend, who is even pickier than I, did not like the U.I. as it was "unpredictable".
Peak QTC "its like a box of chocolates , you never know what you are gonna get"

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I waited for months for the Peak Eiger to be in stock and when I got it I had to return it because the O-ring was exposed even when on. Oveready said his entire inventory was like that and it might Peak till summer to get it straightened out. I tried contacting Peak but they don't answer their phones or return calls. Oveready was great to deal with and gladly accepted the return.

I did get to play with it a bit though and wasn't overwhelmed with the QTC. Frankly while the concept of the QTC is cool in practice not so much, It flickers and randomly gets brighter or dimmer and when you think you have turned it off it sometimes turns itself back on. I may give it another chance when they get the tube sizing QC right as it does have a lower low than any other. I also like the beam and simpleness of it all. My girlfriend, who is even pickier than I, did not like the U.I. as it was "unpredictable".
Peak QTC "its like a box of chocolates , you never know what you are gonna get"

LoL thanks CaveDave, I'm glad I haven't bought one yet, I've been itching to try one but not with the qtc after I heard some stories over the last month.