Torch's

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Torch arrived and WOW.

First, I asked my friend how long can he take a flashlight beam on his hand at close range. He said, if it's not the shock one like I did it to him last time just "give it to me". Only a few seconds, he jumped several feet in the air with all censored words out of his mouth!
The second victim is my own newphew, he said he could proprably take a minute. Then he started counting...one mississipi..two missis....OUCHHHH.

They are both okay no damages on the skin. Not sure about my friend's ego!

I put on the FM3H-2 head and it is even more awesome with beam shots here:
post# 22 http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1913986#post1913986

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
tanasit said:
First, I asked my friend how long can he take a flashlight beam on his hand at close range. He said, if it's not the shock one like I did it to him last time just "give it to me". Only a few seconds, he jumped several feet in the air with all censored words out of his mouth!
The second victim is my own newphew, he siad he could proprably take a minute. Then he started counting...one mississipi..two mississi....OUCHHHH.

I'm sure Mac and Mad MaxaBeam love reading things like this!!!

Nice pictures in that other thread, btw.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man...it's good to get the Torch back again.....

thetorchva7.jpg

Boy, that new battery pack is slick! :goodjob:
I put on a FM3H head on it.....WOW! I love it!

So Mac, is this the end of The Torch series?

:thumbsup: WP

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Great pix!!! BTW, have you tried it with the 13.2V Mad MaxaBeam pack, and the 64625 bulb with FM3H-2 ? Wicked great beam & spot....I dedicated one of mine to that platform.

Psychomodo

Enlightened
LuxLuthor said:
Great pix!!! BTW, have you tried it with the 13.2V Mad MaxaBeam pack, and the 64625 bulb with FM3H-2 ? Wicked great beam & spot....I dedicated one of mine to that platform.

Beamshots please :)

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
Yes to the beamshots! I would really love to see a comparison between the torch, the maxblaster and the USL. Or if not beamshots, I would like to hear the differences.

Empyfree

Enlightened
Still no beam-shots? If you've all gotten bored with your Torch's just send them to me, I'll appreceiate them! ;)

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
Mac,
Not sure if you are still making these custom burners.
If one does come available "I'll take it".
:)

rcnuk

Newly Enlightened
Mac,
One of the "Torch Club" has given me the opportunity to buy theirs. So I'll withdrawal my previous post. Still interested in an Aspherical Mag if it becomes available.
Thanks!

rcnuk said:
Mac,
Not sure if you are still making these custom burners.
If one does come available "I'll take it".
:)

unnerv

Enlightened
I would be interested in a black one. I have a camping trip coming up at the end of the month and would love to start a campfire with a flashlight!

Sable

Enlightened
I don't think Mac is making these on an on-demand basis anymore - I guess they take a while to make, and people were saying they wanted one, then dropping out when Mac said they were ready.

Now, that said...

I want one.

Bad.

unnerv

Enlightened
yeah I had read that he was having that problem in the interest thread too. I don't mind paying ahead of time tho for something like this. Definately a nice piece. Heck I would not even mind just having the parts sent and doing my own assembly. I have a lathe and could probably bore the mag body out myself, its all the individual parts that are hard to find.