Toronto flashaholic get together

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
This is great - Thursday at 8:00 pm - I am looking forward to seeing your lights

Info - I will be bringing my SPY Tri-V version 3 light - I think, the only people who could appreciate it are CPF members - who spends $ 4,000.00 US dollars on a light ??

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I wasn't even aware $4k lights existed! Puts the cost of my ~$600 set of 3 main lights to shame. Definitely looking forward to seeing your lights as well.

By the way, anyone else who wishes to come to the meet, please do...and of course bring your lights. :)

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
[...]By the way, anyone else who wishes to come to the meet, please do...and of course bring your lights. :)

I just happened to see this thread. Oh, Toronto is so close to me, yet so far (I'm in Ottawa). I wish I could join you guys. :(

Have fun! I'll watch this thread to see if anyone updates with pictures of your lights or any updates on the event would be nice to read :)

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
My friend and I had a great meet with Matrix100 and seeing his lights collection tonight. Interesting to see how Matrix is more into the tactile and appearance of the lights themselves, whereas myself I'm more into the lumens, flood performance, and compactness of lights. Will try to upload pix and some beamshots as soon as I can.

Last edited:

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
Matrix's lights are all the nice shiny chrome ones, i.e., McGizmo's, Dark Sucks, Cool Fall, Tri-V, and the black Armytek with white button (3rd from the right). The rest are mine, except for the Thrunite TN12 (2012) at the far right that I gave to my friend:

One of Matrix's McGizmo's:

My TN36UTvn on turbo mode:

I think this was Matrix's Tri-V on a flood mode?

Matrix's Tri-V in spot mode. I was really impressed by its throw given the Tri-V's small size:

I think this was the Tri-V again in both spot and flood mode:

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
Very nice! It sounds like you guys had a nice time :)

I'd love to see all those lights in person like that. Very cool.

I can just imagine the other people at the restaurant seeing all those flashlights lined up like that (photo #2). They must be wondering why in the world you guys had so many flashlights with you, lol ;) It certainly isn't something you see every day.

Glad you guys had fun & the pictures are great. Hopefully I'll be able to attend a get-together some time. Thanks for posting the follow up, it was nice to see :)

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next time I'm in Toronto, I'll remember to drop a line in this thread to see if there's interest for a meet

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
Would be great to see you guys next time; the more the merrier. We're planning to meet again in September, but if any of you happen to be in town, we could perhaps do an impromptu meet somewhere.

Funny things I noticed during this meet:
- We weren't able to get a table, so we sat at the bar. Folks in the pub sitting near us were very interested and/or shocked at the number of flashlights we had on display, their brightness, how different they look from typical mass-market lights, and their cost. Matrix was able to quickly estimate the total cost of the lights, and the bartender remarked, "$10,000 for all those lights?!" :D

- I was worried about the residents living around Ramsden park being suspicious of flashlights, but no issues. In fact, one guy was interested and asked what kind of lights we were testing.

Last edited:

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
I agree the more the merrier

My lights are Titanium which drive up the cost

I will try to keep this thread going, so more people see it

A great time nomadtor416 - looking forward to September

Matrix 100

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome line up , great pics:D I do love getting a little line up out and having fun, even better with company:)