Tranquility Base Customs

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a house fire and most of my collection got trashed. :mecry:
Ken
That's really sad to hear :shakehead

The titanium parts didn't survive the fire ? How come you couldn't harvest the Ti hosts, and repopulate them with innards ??

bf1

Enlightened
Howdy easilyled and ya"ll CPF folk! :wave:

Any pics I have are old since I had a house fire and most of my collection got trashed. :mecry: All good see :grin2: and I am enjoying seeing the pics posted in this thread! :twothumbs Now, MORE PICS PLEASE?!?! :popcorn:

Take care :)
Ken

Sorry to hear about the loss. Thankfully no one was hurt.
Regards,
BF1

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's really sad to hear :shakehead

The titanium parts didn't survive the fire ? How come you couldn't harvest the Ti hosts, and repopulate them with innards ??

All is good see :D
Yes Titanium parts do survive well in a fire but in the clean up many Titanium lights are parts were simply trashed. :oops:

Now< to get this thread back on the subject, in the center of the first pic is a Tranquility Base made Ti 18650 battery tube in E to E series. Very tough to machine 18650 size but for TB :thumbsup: Second pic shows it with after a quick cleaning and :) The Pineapple was also fried and the Ti bezel is TB made and I am 99% sure the Ti head is TB but might be Morelite??? Things were a mess so????

Again, my appoligies if it seemed I was changing the theme of this thread which was not my intention. :eek:

Hey & Howdy ya'll!!!!! :wave:

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Awesome, that polished up nicely. I say leave them the way they are, gives them character & is a reminder that you pulled through a bad experience. I'd love to add that fire roasted Mclux to my Mclux collection. :grin2:

I remember those TB days!!!

What do you mean? TB lights are still the top on the block. Too bad I'm not rich enough to afford them. I only own one TB light, not shiny like the others here but as far as I know mine is also one of a kind & I'm proud to own it. :grin2:

Img_3519.jpg

Img_3836.jpg

Img_3528.jpg

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy darkzero! :wave
I KNOW of all people you did NOT take my post the wrong way ;) If you did :shrug: :oops: and :nana: hehe :D

Wonderful to see ya'll remember me and know who enjoys being HARASSSED!!! ME :D

For all that don"t know or understand the play time fun :party:.... Tranquility Base is the true "KING" :bow: of custom Titanium parts! :rock: Heck don't let it be known but he is an OK dude as well :sssh:

Ya'll is a special gathering of just HORRIBLE folks! :devil: For those of you that read? well? :whistle: Sales thread comming Kenster style :sssh:

Me :nana:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
So many beautiful TB lights here!!:drool:
Hopefully TB will accept my idea and soon I'll be able to contribute here!:thumbsup:
My most prized E-Seies body is an aluminum split-body 18650 body with C-tail....SO NICE!!:naughty:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to TB, my 007 now has a turbohead!

Modeled after the Aleph Pr-T, but with a TB twist on things to make it look as though it was meant to be there.
When I first got it back, an XM-L and IMS27 reflector were installed, but I wasn't totally happy with the tint and beam quality.
So today in went a neutral XP-G and McR27short reflector, and now this sucka throws pretty nicely and has a beautiful tint and beam !!
The larger head actually makes this even easier to hold onto and I don't even notice the extra bulk during pocket carry.

Thanks again Tranquilitybase! I couldn't be happier!
Hope to have more work done by you in the future!:thumbsup:

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
Unique adaptation by TB, DaFab. Resourceful and beautifully executed.

I think you did well to settle on an XPG and McR27. This produces an excellent all-round beam with throw and flood.

I have a similar set-up in a TB Ti Aleph-1 "tribute" light. It uses the McGizmo Makai 6v (1A) L.E with XPG which is focussed by the McR27 in the Aleph-1 head.

This is on the right in the pictures below.

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

bf1

Enlightened
Daniel,
That 38 mm is magnificent. What LE do you have in that baby?
All the best,
Barry

easilyled

Flashaholic
Daniel,
That 38 mm is magnificent. What LE do you have in that baby?
All the best,
Barry

Thanks Barry. :) It has the Makai 3V L.E which runs on an 18500 Li-ion. Don (McGizmo) made a thin Delrin spacer which isolates the solder points on the L.E from the Makai reflector. So basically its the Makai 3V guts in a TB 18500 38mm host.

Last edited:

bf1

Enlightened
Daniel,
Think of me should you ever want to put it up for adoption.
Enjoy that beauty.
Barry

easilyled

Flashaholic
Daniel,
Think of me should you ever want to put it up for adoption.
Enjoy that beauty.
Barry

You'll have first dibs if I ever consider parting with it Barry. You have the most amazing collection of lights that I've ever seen. :thumbsup: