Tree House time (pictures)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you guys believe I visited Data's home last month and was so dumb that I never even looked at the tree house, even though I WAS RIGHT THERE?

:stupid:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank goodness someone chose to post in this thread tpday or I would never have seen it.
All I can say is ... WOW !!:bow:
I've actually never read a thread where I started getting upset that it was ending. No new pics? I guess I'll just have to go over and see it for myself! Road trip to Data's from New Jersey! Carpool anyone? :whistle:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank goodness someone chose to post in this thread tpday or I would never have seen it.
All I can say is ... WOW !!:bow:
I've actually never read a thread where I started getting upset that it was ending. No new pics? I guess I'll just have to go over and see it for myself! Road trip to Data's from New Jersey! Carpool anyone? :whistle:

Sure... pick me up in Cali? :laughing:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you guys believe I visited Data's home last month and was so dumb that I never even looked at the tree house, even though I WAS RIGHT THERE?

:stupid:

LOL Scott.
I was over at Dave's this past summer. The first thing I wanted to see was the treehouse :D

Here's the only pic I took. Karl and Dave are posing by the steps. Hope you don't mind guys :nana:

What I found interesting is that even though there is no railing on the steps, you really feel no sense of "falling off" as you climb up. It truly is one freakin amazing treehouse :thumbsup:

zmgoao.jpg

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
kid, that is a great photo. I have the railing parts but no time to weld it together. There will be 2.5" rope spiraling up as the hand rail.

1wrx7

Enlightened
This is a precision 2 1/4" ball screw. To go with it I have two 2" linear bearings and 2" rail. :tinfoil:
IMG_0745.jpg

WOW:faint:... I haven't checked this thread in awhile...and I thought it couldn't get any cooler:devil: As soon as I saw this pic of the ball screw/nut I knew there would be an elevator:party: We use these on some machines at my work. They are quiet and very robust. Have you found a motor, gear reducer and servo drive to run it yet? The AB stuff we normally use needs a minimum of 120v power and for higher drive speeds it needs 240v. The cool thing is depending on how far you want to take this, you can start the elevator slow then ramp up the speed for most of the trip. Or are you looking at an AC motor with a VFD to control it?

I agree with jch79... treehouse and Maui time are the best, with the pumphouse rounding out the trinity.

Awsome work Dave:thumbsup:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW:faint:... I haven't checked this thread in awhile...and I thought it couldn't get any cooler:devil: As soon as I saw this pic of the ball screw/nut I knew there would be an elevator:party: We use these on some machines at my work. They are quiet and very robust. Have you found a motor, gear reducer and servo drive to run it yet? The AB stuff we normally use needs a minimum of 120v power and for higher drive speeds it needs 240v. The cool thing is depending on how far you want to take this, you can start the elevator slow then ramp up the speed for most of the trip. Or are you looking at an AC motor with a VFD to control it?

I agree with jch79... treehouse and Maui time are the best, with the pumphouse rounding out the trinity.

Awsome work Dave:thumbsup:

The elevator ball screw is going to be driven by a 240V AC industrial servo control system. On ebay I got a nice 1.3KW Yaskawa AC drive with the legend 15 amp and SMC3010 control. I powered it up and programmed a simple move command in it and it seams like it will be pretty easy to use.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Awesome Dave! It's creations like this tree house of yours that gives me a glimmer of hope that all is not lost nor has the primal yawn triumphed, over all. :thumbsup:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome tree house Dave.
Unfortunately I can't dare show this to my daughter as she wants a "bunk house" at our cabin.
My plan vs your plan. In her eyes, I would have no choice but to build one like yours, with one additiion. The zip line from the house to the lake:sick2:
You just raised the bar to new heights.:twothumbs

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
:bumpity bump:

I'm not coming to PhotonFest until I can camp out at the DataTreeFort! :nana:

So waddup with this thing, mister Dave?

:wave: john