• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tri-EDC Light Engine Upgrade with Programmable Driver

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great news!
I'm definitely interested!

So here's the update. I have been having a hell of a time getting a good neutral XP-G2 tint in a high bin. So, I am going to move forward with all of the light engines sporting Nichia 219B LEDs. I built one up for myself and when running at 4.5A they put out a serious amount of light and the tint is amazing. I think you guys will be pleased.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Count me in for one! Copper Tri EDC could use a spare, or possibly upgrade!

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Nichia 219B version sounds great to me, I definitely want one!

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Look at us.... we're stalkers.... Lol
U do cool things SOYCD...
TKU

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like one too, due for an upgrade.
But, it looks as though that demand will out weigh supply!

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
As an expecting father of a Macs Tri EDC, I would like to be added to the list for one of your light engines! (very excite) I'm curious if there is a way to acquire a flood carclo optic with it?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Have you considered doing this same type of engine for the Haiku?

There are probably more Haiku than the rest of all lights in this price range owned by the membership here and you'd sell out 10 times as fast if you chose to make one available.

I'm in line should the decision be made to offer a run of Haiku engines.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Haiku takes the Aleph light engine which is a totally different beast than these Mac LEs. There are other offerings out there as well, such as the Nova, that also use the Aleph light engine. So you are right in saying that it is still very much alive and very popular.

The driver is much smaller and there is very little available without custom designing drivers.

DatiLED has designed and produces one of the best Haiku light engines available right now. He has a custom heatsink, drivers and mPCB setup. I would highly recommend you talk to him for an Aleph LE. It's not a direction I can see myself going.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an expecting father of a Macs Tri EDC, I would like to be added to the list for one of your light engines! (very excite) I'm curious if there is a way to acquire a flood carclo optic with it?

Congrats on your purchase today. I missed out on these beauties by a few minutes.

The optic that I am shipping these LEs with in the Carlco Frosted Narrow optic. It is the same as the narrow optic but with a frosted facing. This has the effect of providing a slightly wider central spot and more light into the flood area. There is also a Medium Frosted optic available (part 10508) from some of the popular CPF vendors (I see Illumination Supply has them in stock). Personally I think that frosted narrow optic provides as much flood as I would want without losing too much punch in the beam.

Once this run with the JHanko copper heat sink is over I don't think there will be any more in the near future. I am contemplating offering upgrade services to stock Tri-EDC LEs but haven't worked out the logistics of keeping a supply of LEDs and drivers available.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
the carclo/carlco frosted narrow optics are amazing. Vinz used them in a module he built for me and theyre artifact-free in my experience. good choice SOYCD