Tri-EDC

Connor

Enlightened
Personally, I definitely "want" to see the Tri-EDC in 18650 format. This light is obviously gonna be a power hog and a 18650 cell will provide decent runtime.

fyrstormer

Banned
The reason for the 35mm length cells is for the "EDC" portion of the light name. I don't know about you but I have never carried nor will carry a 18650 size light as my "Every Day Carry" light as it's just to big.

Chris
I don't own any 18650 lights, so I can't say what I think of them, but even the 2xAA McGizmo Clicky Pak can fit in my pocket, clipped onto the edge of the fabric, so an 18650 shouldn't be too hard to manage.

Since the Tri-EDC head is a half-inch shorter than the regular EDC head, that means going from a regular EDC with a 16340 cell to a Tri-EDC with an 18650 cell will only add 18.5mm (<3.4") to the total length of the regular EDC. I like small lights too, but that's not too long for comfort, and some people with larger hands than I have may appreciate the extra length.

easilyled

Flashaholic
So we should not use them... :shakehead

I didn't say that, did I? :)

Its up to each of us to weigh up the risks and decide whether we are prepared to take them or not.

Unprotected li-ions are not that much of a risk provided they are made by a reputable source and that the buyer takes the necessary precautions.

:banghead: :sleepy: :tired: Battery discussion. :duh2: Honestly, I could care less what battery/batteries Mac is proposing for this light. I'll buy it, regardless. He could put 4 D cells in it and I'd buy it.

Last edited:

The Coach

Enlightened
I'm with Chris on the definition of an EDC light for me. I would still get it with the new battery (18350), but use the CR123 most of the time.

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
+1 for making it 1/2" shorter. As an EDC, the original Mac's EDC is borderline too big for me -- so 1/2" shorter would be perfect I think. I'm not nearly as concerned about longer runtime as I am with comfort in carrying. I'll buy one regardless, but I'm more interested in a smaller product even at the expense of runtime.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own any 18650 lights, so I can't say what I think of them, but even the 2xAA McGizmo Clicky Pak can fit in my pocket, clipped onto the edge of the fabric, so an 18650 shouldn't be too hard to manage.

Since the Tri-EDC head is a half-inch shorter than the regular EDC head, that means going from a regular EDC with a 16340 cell to a Tri-EDC with an 18650 cell will only add 18.5mm (<3.4") to the total length of the regular EDC. I like small lights too, but that's not too long for comfort, and some people with larger hands than I have may appreciate the extra length.

Another reason why I was trying to stay away from the 18650 size battery is the clip. It also would have to be lengthened.

Mac

magpullin

Newly Enlightened
I vote for the 1/2" shorter with the 18350 battery. Sounds perfect!
I will order one for sure when you are ready to start the sales thread.
...Matthew

flashfiend

Enlightened
Another reason why I was trying to stay away from the 18650 size battery is the clip. It also would have to be lengthened.

Mac

I'm afraid to ask the question, but does this mean you are leaning towards a single-cell light only? I am really hoping to experience the full potential of this light in a slightly longer 2-cell version of your EDC.

clg0159

Enlightened
For me, smaller is better in an EDC as I don't have much extra room in my pockets usually. Maybe an extension could be offered at some point for those looking to push it a little harder.

thebeans

Newly Enlightened
I have a quick question. If you order an EDC without the clip, does it still have the holes for the clip or is it hole-less? :D

I have never seen any clip holes in pics of the clipless ones but I did see one post where the buyer indicated that he had ordered his without holes as a special request. So I was just wondering.

Thanks!

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's made in a 1x18500-18650 then I'm 100% positive I'm in. Anything lower capacity than that and I'm 50% in.

18500 would be the perfect compromise between size and capacity, IMO.

I've been lurking here for awhile. This Tri-EDC has brought me out of the darkness. 1st post! :party:

If it's made in a 1x18500-18650 then I'm 100% positive I'm in. Anything lower capacity than that and I'm 50% in.

18500 would be the perfect compromise between size and capacity, IMO.

I've been lurking here for awhile. This Tri-EDC has brought me out of the darkness. 1st post! :party:
Welcome chicken lover! We're happy to have you aboard. :twothumbs

flashfiend

Enlightened
I'm still hoping some are made in 2-cell format not for capacity but because I want to see the full brightness of these modules.

groo01

Newly Enlightened
Groo here
18650 format with option of primaries in a pinch?
I am down for one [ you are driving me into the poorhouse!!!:ohgeez:]

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any updates Mac?

I'd love to have one for Halloween night :devil: