Tri-V2 Information

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, has anyone gotten their Tri-V2 yet? I'm in a holding pattern while Dave makes the SWGG and would love to hear initial feedback and a comparison to the original Tri-V.

HermanGerman

Newly Enlightened
I cant wait to get my hands on it. Should be quick. I live in the neighboring state. (NJ) :twothumbs

blackfly

Enlightened
I got mine yesterday & have had some time to play with it. The biggest difference vs. the V1 seems to be that the beam is much nicer when blending the emitters. With the V1 I always thought the reflector & flood clashed. With the V2 they blend together better which makes it more likely that I will actually use the feature of being able to combine them. Also, I noticed that the flood has less of a reddish hue than my V1. As for the lockout feature, it is an improvement because it is easier to activate/deactivate. Unlike the V1, however, you can't use the reflector when in lockout mode. I've been waiting for the V2 since it was announced & I am glad to finally have it in my hands. Thanks Dave!

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been thinking of selling my Tri-V to get the newer version, but I can't seem to justify it right now. Main reason I want to change is because I want the swgg option and the newer more efficient stfu board

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blackfly observed that the flood and reflector blended better in V2. Also the lockout feature was an improvement.
I personally do not understand the lockout thing. Seems like in V1, the lockout feature only allowed 20secs usage at a time. How is the V2 an improvement?

Would someone care to explain. Thanks

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blackfly observed that the flood and reflector blended better in V2. Also the lockout feature was an improvement.
I personally do not understand the lockout thing. Seems like in V1, the lockout feature only allowed 20secs usage at a time. How is the V2 an improvement?

Would someone care to explain. Thanks

The lockout prevents the light from activating on full power in your pocket. When it is turned on the light comes on at a very reduced level. It stays on for about 20 seconds and then shuts off. Very effective, but at the same time gives you a little light to work with right away.

not sure i understand if the new version is just a new way to activate the lockout or if the lockout itself has changed.

I have been thinking of selling my Tri-V to get the newer version, but I can't seem to justify it right now. Main reason I want to change is because I want the swgg option and the newer more efficient stfu board

you will not be the only person in the boat. There are likely a few Tri-Vs which will hit the BST once a few people get a chance to compare and choose their favorite of the two.

blackfly

Enlightened
With the new lockout mode you don't get the 20 seconds of use of the reflector. The light won't activate at all with the lock out mode engaged. But it is easier to quickly engage or disengage one handed. I like it.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the new lockout mode you don't get the 20 seconds of use of the reflector. The light won't activate at all with the lock out mode engaged. But it is easier to quickly engage or disengage one handed. I like it.

So it is like a safety feature that prevents accidental activation of the light. How do you activate and deactivate this feature. Do you need to powerup 2 to activate/deactivate?

blackfly

Enlightened
So it is like a safety feature that prevents accidental activation of the light. How do you activate and deactivate this feature. Do you need to powerup 2 to activate/deactivate?

You do a PU2 to turn on the feature just like with the V1. But then to enter, or exit, lockout mode you quickly spin the knob all the way to position 6 & back again. This is different than with the V1. The old lockout mode was done by quickly toggling the switch back & forth 3 times. The new way can be done faster & is easier to do one handed.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do a PU2 to turn on the feature just like with the V1. But then to enter, or exit, lockout mode you quickly spin the knob all the way to position 6 & back again. This is different than with the V1. The old lockout mode was done by quickly toggling the switch back & forth 3 times. The new way can be done faster & is easier to do one handed.

I think I like V2 lockout better.

one2tim

Enlightened
Merry Christmas.
What is the standard calibration/max programming limit/100% duty cycle for the tri-v2. I'm waiting for it to arrive with great anticipation, so just watched all the configuration videos to be prepared:)