Tri-V2 Information

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Thanks PSM and Blackfly. Worked very well. I needed to roll the dial real quick. No way anyone can use the fingers to do it. You need to slide it on a surface back and forth.
Would that damage the dial in prolonged use? Like using it several times a day?

I think Dave is also going to implement this sequence in the Spy007 lights.

Knock your self out Ben, you wont wear it out. Just dont be forceful with it.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just last night when I was holding my light in bed and sort of fell asleep, and when I awaken, the light was on the first dial. Luckily I had set P1 as R 20miliamps.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Just last night when I was holding my light in bed and sort of fell asleep, and when I awoken, the light was on the first dial. Luckily I had set P1 as R 20miliamps.

I pulled mine out of my cargo pocket, scorching hot the day I got it. Light was unscathed. Started using lock feature. :D

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my 007 I wanted quick access to a "high" mode, so I set P1 to a really low low and P2 @ 1000mAh. That way if it accidentally does click once it'll be on the low low with little drain. I'm not sure if this is something worth doing on the Tri-V, but it's an alternative to the lockout mode.

The only time I have a problem with it coming on accidentally is if I put my 007 back in my pocket really fast, or I get in my car really fast and the dial snags around in my pocket. When I have my hand down my pocket I fidget with the dial just to be sure it's off. :D

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my 007 I wanted quick access to a "high" mode, so I set P1 to a really low low and P2 @ 1000mAh. That way if it accidentally does click once it'll be on the low low with little drain. I'm not sure if this is something worth doing on the Tri-V, but it's an alternative to the lockout mode.

The only time I have a problem with it coming on accidentally is if I put my 007 back in my pocket really fast, or I get in my car really fast and the dial snags around in my pocket. When I have my hand down my pocket I fidget with the dial just to be sure it's off. :D

That was exactly what I did with the V2.
Factory settings has P1 with the flood emitter and P2 with both flood and reflector. I changed P1 to reflector 20ma and P2 as reflector 600ma. I kept the rest on standard.

Coupled this with the lockout feature, it will be safe enough to carry in many situations.

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave.
The spill size from the reflector of the V2, if compared to the spill of the Spy007, which is bigger or are they the same?
What is the reflector difference between the 2?
Thanks.