Triton "Intruso" Dive light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Dive light. TRITON as SAYUSELLME ???

This is the post in which I clearly said that the lights were being made in China, nothing to hide:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-LongWang.龙王&highlight=longwang

Wel, I woudl like to aware everyone that even the TRITON lights right now have some faults that need to be fixed before it is a quality product, so I ahve serious doubts about the quality of Xeccon or others using the same shape.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good Lord, when will people learn...:duh2:

carrot

Flashaholic

Again, please explain.

The assertion is being made that you are selling a product that you did not develop, that rather you rebranded a product that you found through sites like Alibaba and are marketing it as if you had developed it.

There was once a merchant here by the name of ArcMania who did something like that, not too long ago. I would like to discuss more, but I don't have the time right now (I have to leave in a minute). ArcMania was a longtime member like like you, and had gained a lot of people's trust over the years when he was outed for selling a very expensive "custom" light that turned out to be available from Alibaba for a fraction of the cost.

CPF is understandably wary of something like this happening again.

You would need to provide proof of some sort that you (or your friend) are the original designer. I know that copying is rampant in China (it happened to JSB's RCR123s) and that proof may be difficult, but these clones (if they are, in fact, clones) will ruin your reputation here if you do not prove them to be impostors.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you Carrot.

Well, no one will ever find a pic of those lights that was published before I did. Is impossible, because it was designed before. And the first prototypes are the ones you saw here. Of course, the drawings were sent back in autumn-winter 2010... but how to proof it? Is anyone going to come to check our computers?

What do you need? Some of the first 3D renders?

Here you are

1led3d2.jpg

First "Intruso".

linterna4.jpg

This was a 4x XRE version that was finally not made because the results of the XML were really good. You can see the head is shorter.

cabeza1.jpg

I have been developing lights and cavediving for many years. I was responsible of the design of all the Barbolight lights sonce 2004 till 2009 (and founder of the company), which were made in Spain, and which had some features really unique. Some of them were copied by other manufacturers because they were good solutions. Do you think I'm going to ruin it all... specially when I have tried to sell NOTHING on this site???

But this is .. terribly unfair. So, I'm supposed to be guilty unless I send a proof of my inocence? At least the mods have decided to tag the thread that way. Well, we have been how copies of SF lights were being sold before the real ones were available, but it seems nobody have doubts on it.

Of course, you just can say that the renders above were made tonight... This is really sad. I have seen here people who never said a word on Barbolight lights, or on diving who just came here to insult.

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

By the way... while I was supposed to be preparing the renders I have posted to proof my inocence I was at the same time on another forum describing how I was modding an ammo box to make a pannier. Yes, stupidly sharing my ideas and work, as always. Quite a productive guy, isn't ?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711112

carrot

Flashaholic

Thank you Carrot.

Well, no one will ever find a pic of those lights that was published before I did. Is impossible, because it was designed before. And the first prototypes are the ones you saw here. Of course, the drawings were sent back in autumn-winter 2010... but how to proof it? Is anyone going to come to check our computers?

What do you need? Some of the first 3D renders?

[...]

I have been developing lights and cavediving for many years. I was responsible of the design of all the Barbolight lights sonce 2004 till 2009 (and founder of the company), which were made in Spain, and which had some features really unique. Some of them were copied by other manufacturers because they were good solutions. Do you think I'm going to ruin it all... specially when I have tried to sell NOTHING on this site???

But this is .. terribly unfair. So, I'm supposed to be guilty unless I send a proof of my inocence? At least the mods have decided to tag the thread that way. Well, we have been how copies of SF lights were being sold before the real ones were available, but it seems nobody have doubts on it.

Of course, you just can say that the renders above were made tonight... This is really sad. I have seen here people who never said a word on Barbolight lights, or on diving who just came here to insult.

Barbarin, I believe you. I hope others also believe you and that you can clear your name here.

It is unfair that you are deemed guilty before given the opportunity to prove yourself otherwise, but life is unfair. DM51 and the other moderators are only trying to protect CPFers from fraudulent claims.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be funny to see how SF manufacturing is being casted doubt upon next time a SF light can be found in DX before it is released by the US manufacturer... It has happened, sure, that you can find the copies before the original is released.

Well, one of the most strange thing on all this is: How comes it is being offered on several websites if we are still working on them and fixing minor problems while the first run is being made?

The logo of Xeccon is printed by Photoshop, but no doubt those are the prototype lights made by us. Well, it seems someone on the factory sent the information and pics to a trader (Xeccon is not a manufacturer) and did it as he did it with many other lights, not knowing that this was an exclusive product. I have been said that every pic and link is going to be removed, and I hope they will in less than 24 hours.

OK, one thing is having pics, and another selling it. Well, you can try it, if you contact the vendor they wil give you a delivery time up to two months (sic). Well, anyone wanting to accuse me, here has the opportunity. Get a single light and I 'll pay you ten times what it costed to you, included shipping. . In fact they are not available right now on ebay.

I understand the reaction of the mods protecting people from being cheated... But anyway I was not offering the light. I hope they will be as quick sending this thread where it belongs, removing all the warnings, and so on.

Xeccon will post a note on this too.

Javier

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have tought that that is spanish light ;-) for cavers

Hope that now which is now everything clarified you will be as quick to change your comments. By the way, I never hide they were made in China. If not someone could think that you just want to acuse.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

For Spanish cave divers by way of CHINA.... Buy 10,000 for $6 each get 5,000 free... Who cares if Javier or Chung or Hung developed it, lol!

Hope that now which is now everything clarified you will be as quick to change your comments. By the way, I never hide they were made in China. I wrote in many places.

By the way, some people cares, as long as Javier (me) has designed and developed high quality dive lights since four years before you arrived CPF.

Last edited:

lucca brassi

Enlightened

Well , from my side I just looking for nice wing for doubles in that case ebay.com what I do very rarely ( I'm cheking normaly european siteslike .de or co.uk ).

I have see your light and think '' well the guy have came out with new light let's see price...''

What was strange to me that on lamp was no yours logo / brand name ... TRITONLIGHTS/LONGWANG although they have been made on China ( If you look NIKE or ADIDAS or.. they have their brand name and beside specifications is clear written MADE IN CHINA ) not like electronics with CE ( Conformity European ) on other hand C E (china export) . So I have thought yor brand is faked special with so low price. ( I have just smiled looking on complete faked Apple Store in China it is amost 99% of original :))

Also price of yours lights or selling points was before unknown what is another strange point .

JanCPF

Enlightened

Javier,

I for one belive you. I've said it before but no harm in saying it again: I'm *very* happy with my Barbolight U15 and U04, and always thought of them as the very best divelights I've ever owned (had a Green Force before), and I have promoted these extremely durable dive lights to my dive club members to the extend, that at least 7 of them now own a U15. I know you left Barbolight, but you developed the flashlights and they now seem to do fine as a company. I hope everything gets sorted out for you with the Triton lights.

Jan

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Xeccon website has pulled the lights, they have put up this statement instead.
I think its nice for Xeccon to be willing to do this & it helps to clear Barbarian's name.

Some China manufacture appears not respecting "Custom Manufacturing" ethics,
once you give them a custom design, you run a risk of them cloning it!
after they did the custom run, they may try to make the same light for others.

Another China site selling this:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12376754644

xeccondivelight.jpg

The same thing happened to L35 HID,
http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-l35.html

After Matt did his L35 custom at China Manufacture, the manufacture started to make same lights just different color for others. Thus, the Mozo L35 clone was born:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Barn-Burner-The-smallest-75W-HID-of-all-time

One can never be 100% sure on exactly what happened, but my 2 cents of educated guess are
that Babarian & Matt/battery junction are probably in the same boat, both were cloned due to working with a China manufacture.

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks friends,

Yes. It seems complicated to manufacture anything in China and not get cloned. It even happened to Iphone, so...

Anyway, I still have serious doubts on those website offering this kind of lights.

Javier

onionbobo

Newly Enlightened
Can't find a price on the website? After a more powerful diving light, had a barbolight U04 Zoom for awhile, fantastic light, but not strong enough.

Any other similar zoom light available?

herculino

Newly Enlightened
Javier, again you can find your light in a Chinese web site. I think nobody doubt that you design the lights but seems that the factory were you produce them is producing more with different logo and selling them quite cheap.

If they are so good is a bargain to buy them here

B
est regards form Zaragoza

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Javier, again you can find your light in a Chinese web site. I think nobody doubt that you design the lights but seems that the factory were you produce them is producing more with different logo and selling them quite cheap.

If they are so good is a bargain to buy them here

B
est regards form Zaragoza

I seriously doubt on its quality. Firts units which are being tested were hand moddified by me, and production needs some adjusting. Yes, they are offering my lights, and I will stop it in the next few days -again- and if not will inform on everything to avoid others making the same mistake I did.

Javier

JanCPF

Enlightened
Back on topic. Are there any news on the production of these dive lights? Is it going to happen or should I just forget about it? My dive club members are asking me to recomend another no-canister dive light, and I seriously don't know what to recomend.

Jan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.