TS21 / Andruil 2 question

fire-stick

Enlightened
On stepped mode, it goes up to max 50%, then I have to hit turbo to get it to 100%. (I want this.) For some reason, on ramp mode, it goes well past 50%, then when I hit turbo it just barely boosts it at all. This is my first andruil 2 light and I'm honestly surprised I got it set up as well as I have. I just don't want to mess around and get it all out of whack. I'd like the ramp mode to be the same as stepped. This is in advanced UI by the way. I don't really use the simple one. I pretty much got the gist of it, but I was thinking that the ramp/stepped mode was the same thing just in steps.

pc_light

Enlightened
Each mode can have different Moonlight and Ceiling Levels.

If there is hardly any difference in levels from Top-of-Ramp to Turbo, in all likelihood it's still at the default.

To set the Ceiling in Ramp mode just use the same value as you did to configure the ceiling in Stepped mode, -
  1. make a note of the "Ceiling Level" #of clicks you used (e.g., 50)
  2. if not already in Ramp mode, switch using 3C while On
  3. once in Ramp mode, enter the Configure menu (7H while On, second Blink) and set the Ceiling using use same #of click as previous, e.g. 50
If you're off by a click or so, don't sweat, it's hardly noticeable in reality.

That should be it. Now Ceiling will be the same whether Stepped or Ramped.
------
Similarly for Lowest/Moonlight mode, you can have them set the same or different. The different Moonlight levels come into play as the secondary Moonlight Momentary Low level (2H) whenever the light is locked-out (4C) mode.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like the ramp mode to be the same as stepped.
there is an option in the manual to set Turbo in a few different ways.
search the manual for the section called "Configure Advanced UI's turbo style"

> once in Ramp mode, enter the Configure menu (7H while On, second Blink) and set the Ceiling using use same #of click as previous, e.g. 50

good info
tip: instead of clicking eg 50 times, we can use 1H, 5 times..
iow each click-hold, counts as 10 clicks

fwiw, I usually set floor to 1 click,
and ceiling level 30C, by doing 1H, 3 times

after entering the desired ceiling, to save the chages, do nothing.. let the light continue to flicker, until it stops. (dont turn it off while it is flickering)

Last edited: