TSA banning certain batteries

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Mr Happy,

Thanks for catching that. There is supposed to be a - between safe and light.

The website is www.safe-light.com . I have edited my post to reflect this.

I hope the TSA people do a Google search and make it to the site...

Tom

meuge

Enlightened
I was shocked...I had all kinds of stuff that looked like it could be made into a bomb or something, but they didn't bat an eye. They were only worried about the water. :whistle:

Just tells you that these restrictions have absolutely no connection with actually preventing any sort of terrorist plot, but rather exist to ensure that it appears as if security exists, and also to make people understand that everything they hold dear is subject to scrutiny and seizure by the government.

Basically, it's a combination of making people feel safer, and ensuring they're scared of the authority figures.

meuge

Enlightened
Can one travel with Fenix L2D with 2AA Lithiums inside and a 8-pack of Lithium AA cells?

I have traveled with a number of lights and batteries over the past few months, and I've never had any issues.

curlyfry562

Enlightened
Just got through security at LAX with 4 CR123 primaries, 2 17670s, 1 6P Malkoff, and my Milky Gosling. I had the spares in 2 keep to go tubes. Apparently the tubes of cylindrical objects raised a red flag, so I got pulled aside. The TSA guy, was quite wowed at the gosling, and had me turn it on a few times so he could see how bright it is. I refered him t SF and CPF. Maybe we will have another coming in our ranks. TSA + CPFers =:grouphug:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lesson emerging from these stories is this: What matters is not so much what TSA's rules say, but what TSA's security guards think the rules say or think will happen to them if they err on the side of granting permission.