• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TX25Cvn - Pocket Throw King

engineeringmatt09

Enlightened
This should be amazing!! I love tx25c2vn and I know most of us have at least one d25cvn xpg2 pdtc light for compact throw, this will suit us well for our collection!!!! Its sweet to have a very compact light with a turbo head :) have plenty of 16340'a

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first LED flashlight was the Lumapower D-Mini, and I've loved mini-throwers ever since. It's about time something new comes along in this category. Been a long time waiting. Anybody have the Lumen/Lux numbers for the TX25C2 with XPG2?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am getting vinhs prototype today and ill do a review and beamshots in a few days. It has xpg2 pdtc with his driver.
Cant wait to see it

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is overall a great light but it will not work as an edc for me for one reason only. the pocket clip gets in the way of pushing the button and when you try to clip it to your pocket the rubber button makes it rather tricky. the protruding bottom part of the clip makes it impossible to comfortably operate the button. it can be seen in the photos in post 1. i removed the clip and its awesome :). its small enough to just chuck in your pocket if you want. the beam is great. not perfect. the corona is not even on all 4 sides but its good enough. the hot spot is perfectly focused. it beats out all my other small headed xpg2 pdc lights in throw and output. this light has the most throw of any other light similar in size. the tx25c2vn clip is opposite of the button making it perfect for edc so when i get my xpl hi version it will most likely be my new edc. this will be a show off light :)

size comparison
20150727_014400 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20150727_014504 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Beamshots

1)D25cvn ti v3 xpg2 pdtc
2)EC32vn wih xpg2 pdtc
3)tx25cvn with xpg2 pdtc and drivervnx2

20150727_010825 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20150727_010749 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20150727_010924 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Last edited:

rudy22

Newly Enlightened
http://goinggear.com/eagletac-tx25c...r123a-600-lumens-cree-xp-l-hi-flashlight.html

Waiting for this version to be available. The beam will be much better for XPL HI and XPG2 PDTc :)

Hi Vinh,

I'm trying to make a final decision on a small thrower, between the S200C2vn and this TX25Cvn (the link shows that version is now available).

Can you estimate the difference between the two in terms of:
1. throw distance
2. side-spill?

If the throw of the TX25Cvn is close to the S200C2vn without significantly more spill then I would like to order this TX25C when it is available to buy.

rudy22

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

If the VNx2 driver option is ordered, does this mean the extension module is required (to accomodate the required 16340 battery)?
Or is it still usable in the smallest configuration?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh,

I'm trying to make a final decision on a small thrower, between the S200C2vn and this TX25Cvn (the link shows that version is now available).

Can you estimate the difference between the two in terms of:
1. throw distance
2. side-spill?

If the throw of the TX25Cvn is close to the S200C2vn without significantly more spill then I would like to order this TX25C when it is available to buy.

S200C2vn throw noticeable more as its a much bigger light. Lux numbers for TX25Cvn not ready yet

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

If the VNx2 driver option is ordered, does this mean the extension module is required (to accomodate the required 16340 battery)?
Or is it still usable in the smallest configuration?

Smallest without extension = 1 IMR16340
With DriverVNX2 just toss the extension as you no longer need it.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kinda on the fence about this one.
I want a kick ace pocket light with a clip.
Smaller than my PD35vn so that it's comfortable to cary in my shorts or pants pocket.
Any suggestions brews?
Ty

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm kinda on the fence about this one.
I want a kick ace pocket light with a clip.
Smaller than my PD35vn so that it's comfortable to cary in my shorts or pants pocket.
Any suggestions brews?
Ty

its this light or TX25C2vn. Both have similar perforce just different size. :)

rosirosine

Newly Enlightened
Please Vinh, make one more Picture with a XPL HI (5000K, or 5700K) Version, next to the XPG2...Thanks