U.S. Postal Service is refusing ship lithium-ion products overseas

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
This all comes from the international pilots. They saw their coworkers get blown out of the sky and pushed the international transport guys to push the national post offices.

Whatever the final rules, they will eventually apply to all countries. The only variations will be in levels of enforcement (and compliance).

FlashlightWidow

Newly Enlightened
they do sometimes

IMG-20120917-00139.jpg

Egad! What was that?

Ragnar66

Enlightened
The part that says "Batteries installed" makes me think they are not talking about loose batteries......hope not

shichuhei

Newly Enlightened
It's better than nothing at all. I have been shipped lights with no batteries since the ban ...ie Eagletac. So, at a minimum, the requirement to be installed would help. But, I still don't understand the ban with regards to Int'l/FPO/APO/DPO vs US only... USPS did not put a total ban on shipments within the US ...so from LA to FL?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
But, I still don't understand the ban with regards to Int'l/FPO/APO/DPO vs US only... USPS did not put a total ban on shipments within the US ...so from LA to FL?

This isn't a ban by the USPS, it's a ban by the international pilots, who are responsible for APO type deliveries. US/US pilots have not made the same conditions.

Last edited: