• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired USL updates!!! 4/5/2005

Dynacolt

Enlightened
Re: USL updates!!!

I'm in for the USL branding iron attachment! (or is that just the 'O' of the bezel?)
I'm getting the feeling this thing throws enough photons that I can attach it to a skateboard, switch it on, and use it like a mini rocket motor.
I'll be using mine as a high-powered paint stripper and for light brazing jobs. I was going to read the USL coffee table book but all I can find is a pile of ash. If I put some glow powder on the reflector, and shine this on a friend, will I be able to see his skeleton? or will the national nuclear authority hone in on the site of near-nuclear meltdown?

late night ramblings, please excuse.

Dave.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm going to have to try a Nite-ize ring!

It holds a LH and then a Mag and then an LH? That is impressive material memory!!!

LowePro bags are great bags, but the price is stiff!

Bill

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
I'm going to have to try a Nite-ize ring!

It holds a LH and then a Mag and then an LH? That is impressive material memory!!!

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

It really surprised me!

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened

Where can I buy one of these miracle ring doohickies?

Also, could someone recommend a holster that would be suitable for the USL? The Nite-ize looks like it would do in a pinch, but I can't but help wondering if the light would be flipping and flopping around in an annoying fashion...

(Yeah, I'm thinking of taking the USL with me during my late night walks in suburbia. I probably won't need to use it much, but when I do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif )

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

REI has them for $5, but a google search for "Nite Ize Lite Ring" should find several places. I got mine locally for $3 on sale at Smoky Mountain Knife Works. They're $3.99 now, but SMKW charges too much for shipping to make it worthwhile unless you buy some other stuff.

paulr

Flashaholic

Bill, do you mean you're looking for a source of 4D Mags? Any luck with someplace like Brightguy?

Can you tell me the plan about shipping out the power supplies and chargers? I'm not in a hurry, I'm just wondering if they're likely to go out any time soon. There are some other batteries I'm interested in trying the Triton on, besides the USL's.

Thanks

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the power supplies, but not the Tritons.

Jim Sexton is offering his M6R upgrades starting tommorrow, and we will be ordering the standard power chargers together so I have held off ordering either charger in case he needs to change his orders for some Tritons also.

Bill

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know what comes to mind when I see the USL?

There is this Surefire 12ZM/12PM ad with the N62 (500 lumen) lamp assembly. "Raising light to the level of a FORCE OPTION". Oh yyyyyyyeahhhhhh. That's what you get with 500 lumens. Now imagine four times the power.

As the Quake folks would say...... QUAD DAMAGE!

There are times where I've been blinded my the reflection of some of my ultra high power lights (ROP, Mag2HID) in the dark and I have had to duck and cover - which is quite something considering *I* am holding the light.

Just imagine being hit with the USL..

To me it's not the Ultimate Stealthlight. It's the Ultimate SUPERLIGHT, period. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: Hey, what was that about the extended runtime option for the USL again? I heard something about a physically larger light with commensurately longer run.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm nor sure if I've posted the details of My First Experience with the USL's brightness on a direct basis. It happened last week when I received the prototype from Bill. After putting the bulb in, I decided to slip a Lite Ring on while I had the head off. With the USL propped on my leg and me looking straight down at the Lite Ring, I pushed it down over the switch, inadvertantly instaflashing my eyeballs from about 7-10" away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif A 200 lumen light could have been pointed into my eyes and I probably wouldn't have known it!

It was several minutes before I could see enough to risk trying to do anything other than just sit there. It was about another 30 minutes before all of the spot went away.

I guess that's similar to LEO's when they get to experience pepper spray so that they know the effect it has. Well, except for the additional klutz factor involved with my little experience.

I won't be doing that again! I hope... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This was in daylight, too. The USL may not be the most pratical illumination tool for self-defense, but it would completely destroy anyone's nightvision for a very long time.

We probably need a disclaimer similar to those found in firearm manuals - <font color="red">Do not point the USL at anything within 3' that you are not willing to destroy</font>!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Flashing an off-white wall in a well-lit office elicits a major iris adjustment for all present! At the (Real!) risk of burning my ear, I just flashed the side of my head from ~10" with my eyes tightly closed. Talk about "seeing red!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif (Not to mention the instant thermal pain in my ear!)

I'm going to try and get some indoor (80' deep garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) comparison shots tonight.

Did I mention I murdered 2 spiders with it the other night? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Larry

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pictures, yes. In particular, Larry, I 'd love to see a pic of your ear OPPOSITE the one you pointed the USL at. I want to know if it makes the old gray matter glow!