• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Shipping Update

Sets 4 and 5 are out the door:

BOSSship6.jpg

Remaining orders (effectively set 6) have individual issues, like QC questions or configuration requests and should ship out next week.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great video! I am amazed how short even the Boss 70 is. (Just got my shipping info too!) Can't wait to see 3500 lumen for the first time! Anyone know what the lumens out-the-front would be? The closest light I have, is a SureFire UDR dominator at 2400 lumens, but that's a completely different beam!

cclin

Newly Enlightened
FWIW, Here are some size comparison photos;)

dimension
Ixms19.jpg

18650 formate
nsiQyA.jpg

18350 formate
cNKcnP.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
Sorry, having trouble keeping up this week! Yes, the only hard requirement is that you have internet access. You can test it before purchase, on all your devices:

1) load http://lux-rc.com/content/NXS/NXS_R1_setup

2) log in or create an account

3) build a test configuration

4) press the orange save-and-program button and then program

Once you see a green square that turns into a flashing square, you are good to go

In advance of my flashlight arriving I have created an account for programming but haven't used it yet. On the Lux-RC website the instructions say "To program your flashlight you need to activate the screen scanning mode"

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done for this please?
Does the flashlight need to be switched on before placing it on the green square?

Thanks.

Last edited:

oal

Newly Enlightened
In advance of my flashlight arriving I have created an account for programming but haven't used it yet. On the Lux-RC website the instructions say "To program your flashlight you need to activate the screen scanning mode"

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done for this please?
Does the flashlight need to be switched on before placing it on the green square?

Thanks.

When you finish tweaking the programming it tells you how to cycle your light into programming mode on the rc site. Also if you go to the BOSS order page and look at the review he walks you through changing modes and programming your light. That was the most useful way I thought. You can see exactly what to do.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my shipping notification so now I'm really excited. I'm not a battery guru at all but OR was out of the AW's so I just went over to ebay and got a few AW IMR 18350's. Sadly after receiving them yesterday I'm pretty sure their counterfit! :( So I put a litte research into it and scored a few from an authorized dealer. So hopefully they arrive about the time the light shows. Lesson learned I guess. For anyone not as up on these special type of batteries like me, word to the wise. Do Not Shop for them on Ebay! That is all. ;)

easilyled

Flashaholic
When you finish tweaking the programming it tells you how to cycle your light into programming mode on the rc site. .

Thanks, but that was the bit that I didn't understand from the RC site. How to cycle the light into programming mode. It said something about a code 222 if the flashlight has an electronic switch or a series of on-and-off clicks if the flashlight has a McClicky switch.

Our boss flashlights have McClicky switches but I don't know what this pattern of on-and-off clicks is supposed to be.

autogiro

Enlightened
Just think of the sequence as follows:

. . _ . . _ . . ON

The dots are a short touch on the switch and the space is a one second rest. You might also say "tap tap, rest, tap tap, rest, tap tap, rest, click on to program. You'll know you are in program mode when the colored light is a dim constant on.

The dimmed colored light goes out when the light is programmed successfully.

Auto

Thanks, but that was the bit that I didn't understand from the RC site. How to cycle the light into programming mode. It said something about a code 222 if the flashlight has an electronic switch or a series of on-and-off clicks if the flashlight has a McClicky switch.

Our boss flashlights have McClicky switches but I don't know what this pattern of on-and-off clicks is supposed to be.

cclin

Newly Enlightened
boss flashlights have McClicky switches but I don't know what this pattern of on-and-off clicks is supposed to be.
short click+short click--pause--short click+short click--pause--short click+short click->FULL CLICK

Last edited:

Megatrowned

Enlightened
So I haven't even has the light for a day, and I've already charged the battery three times! This light rocks! I should have gotten both body's... :ohgeez:

Anyway, I have an idea. Would it be possible to get a cap that fits on the BOSS body's, even if it's delrin, so that you could have another body w/batteries loaded and ready to swap? It would also keep the thread grease from collecting gunk.

Also, I noticed that the programmer seems to let me select level 31 on a single battery setup! Is this alright to try?

This makes me think of another question. With as advanced as these lights are, is there any way to tell battery voltage without removing the battery?

Last edited:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
This makes me think of another question. With as advanced as these lights are, is there any way to tell battery voltage without removing the battery?

Use the code "111"

Tap - > 1sec pause - > Tap - > 1sec pause - > Tap - > 1sec pause - > constant on.