Vancouver Get-together?

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's throw a date out there.
Jan 8th or 9th (friday or saturday).
Now people chime in if they can make it or not, then try to find a location.
I am open for midweek if that works better.
Hopefully my Wee will be in by then, so I will have a couple to bring.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Jan sounds good. I'd love to see some of the new Fenixes...

:wave:

My MC10 arrived today! Hopefully I can get a Mag mod or two together in time for January as well...

I think either the 8th or 9th would work, but I'll check on that.

Glock45acp

Newly Enlightened
My MC10 arrived today!

Wow, that took awhile. I got my TK30 almost 2 weeks ago! I guess first prize comes with faster shipping, LOL.

Anytime in January is good for me. Are we thinking of meeting in Vancouver or would there be a more convenient location somewhere else in the lower mainland? Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are? I'm willing to drive anywhere, as I really want to see this meet happen. Just to be around other flashaholics.......to know I'm not alone, it's like a support group. :crackup:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never been to a "flashlight GTG", but have been to a few watch GTG's.
The Watch ones are usually at a reasonably priced restaurant or pub with a separate room.
I assume dimly lit place would work, but we might disrupt the place if we fire them all up at once:eek:

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Wow, that took awhile. I got my TK30 almost 2 weeks ago! I guess first prize comes with faster shipping, LOL.

Anytime in January is good for me. Are we thinking of meeting in Vancouver or would there be a more convenient location somewhere else in the lower mainland? Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are? I'm willing to drive anywhere, as I really want to see this meet happen. Just to be around other flashaholics.......to know I'm not alone, it's like a support group. :crackup:

Haha, perhaps! Though to be fair, I also ordered some small items from FenixOutfitters that they nicely shipped along with my MC10 to save me the shipping costs; good service and a free light is hard to beat! :grin2:

I've gotta check out your TK30, I don't have any "big guns" yet.

I've never been to a "flashlight GTG", but have been to a few watch GTG's.
The Watch ones are usually at a reasonably priced restaurant or pub with a separate room.
I assume dimly lit place would work, but we might disrupt the place if we fire them all up at once:eek:

Frankly, if the golf course (driving range) option mentioned earlier is a possibility, then I think that could be better. Having food available is nice, but the outside setting would be much better suited to playing with the lights... Good suggestions though!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Redwoods Golf in Langley too far away from everyone?
It is kind of in the country, so might be away from some city lights

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
i'm willing to come out. i just dont have transport.
it'll be nice to see you again gunga

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
i might be able to do so.
hopefully my surefire m6r kit will be all together by then.

gunga

Flashaholic
Any other suggestions for location? I'd prefer somewhere we can grab a coffee, then check out some beams...

Vancouver to Burnaby area would be my preference, tho New West is okay near the Burnaby border.

I may have to do a buyers remorse sale and sell off some of my extra lights. We'll see what I have left after a bit of a purge...

:D