Vancouver Get-together?

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm also unavailable that weekend (21s/22nd).

I dunno, how about a monday night?

Say the 23rd? Location is undeterrmined. I can show you guys my modded Jetbeam RRT-0.

It's a lot more usful and balanced with the neutral XP-G in it...

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I'm also unavailable that weekend (21s/22nd).

I dunno, how about a monday night?

Say the 23rd? Location is undeterrmined. I can show you guys my modded Jetbeam RRT-0.

It's a lot more usful and balanced with the neutral XP-G in it...

The 23rd should work for me!

As for location, I'm pretty mobile within the greater Vancouver area. If spending time outdoors is a priority then we need to be near a park. North Van has a good selection of parks including Princess Park in Lynn Valley and the lower trails on Mt. Fromme. I'm happy to go elsewhere though if someone knows a different area that would work.

Nice, the RRT-0 is a good looking light. Looking forward to seeing that one. If we go outdoors, I'll see about bringing my "big guns"... I've got at least a couple larger incans and an HID that might be of interest to some.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have added I can't make the 23. It's our 25th anniversary. I think it would also be my LAST if I bailed on her for a GTG.:sick2:
I was just assuming a weekend GTG.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I'll double check on the 26th, but it should work. What time would be good? If we start at 8 or 8:30 then it would probably be decently dark by the time we want to head outdoors to play. Does that sound about right to you guys?

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll double check on the 26th, but it should work. What time would be good? If we start at 8 or 8:30 then it would probably be decently dark by the time we want to head outdoors to play. Does that sound about right to you guys?

That works for me.
Now for a location?
Just rode past Derby Reach. The park gates close at 10pm, but there is easy parking along the road if this is the venue. Only issue is a bit of a drive from a possible fast food place or pub for the initial GTG portion.

I am in the Surrey/Langley area .

bla2000

Enlightened
I'll be coming from North Burnaby and can make it to wherever it is at on the 26th. If the chosen location is east of Burnaby then 8 or 8:30 is good because then I can avoid rush hour traffic.

Last edited:

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
That works for me.
Now for a location?
Just rode past Derby Reach. The park gates close at 10pm, but there is easy parking along the road if this is the venue. Only issue is a bit of a drive from a possible fast food place or pub for the initial GTG portion.

I am in the Surrey/Langley area .

It would be a bit of a drive for me, but if that ends up being a good location for everyone else I could probably manage it. Where would the closest suitable place for the initial portion be?

I'll be coming from North Burnaby and can make it to wherever it is at on the 26th. If the chosen location is east of Burnaby then 8 or 8:30 is good because then I can avoid rush hour traffic.

Glad to hear the timing works! Let's get some more input on location and then decide on that portion of things.

Sounds like we should also have j-dude coming, so that will make 5 of us based on the posts so far.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I just found out that one of the girls I worked with in Alaska is in Vancouver and I'm supposed to come see her on my way back north, so hopefully we can have another MiNi GTG at that time.

I don't know anything about Vancouver, so I'll be relying on you guys to come up with a good place again.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure where everyone is coming from, but near the Guildford Mall ( closer to the freeway, more meeting places), is Green Timbers Park. Again this is dark, easy access and a short walk from a Boston Pizza.
I am open for suggestions too.

I don't know many places North/West of the Fraser.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
If its around the Vancouver area I'm up for the next meetup!

Awesome! Does the 26th work for you? And how far are you willing to go? Sounds like the furthest away from Vancouver it would be is Langley, but it could be closer. Feel free to suggest a location, if you'd like. :)

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anyting near bunaby lake ?
The closer you get to the city the more light we will be dealing with?
Queen E park?
Central park bby?
Anything near the Ikea?

brianch

Enlightened
I think any park will be dark enough to avoid city lights. Langley is a bit far but if it is a must then I guess I could make it there.. I am available any day. I think we should choose a park, then see if there are any places open around that park that we could meet up.