Vancouver Get-together?

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Let's try to be a littel closer to GVRD core, I'm not so sure I want to go all the way to Langley...

:D

I sure wouldn't mind that! Burnaby seems to be a decent middle ground if we can pick a place there.

Is there anyting near bunaby lake ?
The closer you get to the city the more light we will be dealing with?
Queen E park?
Central park bby?
Anything near the Ikea?

Burnaby lake and Burnaby Mt. were two that came to mind and I'm sure Queen E and Central park could be good too, but I don't know what is near there for places to meet... anyone more familiar with Burnaby want to chime in?

Gadgetor

Newly Enlightened
I can make the 26th also
As far as location goes, I wouldn't mind staying in the GVRD
I'm in PoCo, so Burnaby is definately better than Queen E
Theres a couple of places in Port Moody...
Barnet beach or Rocky point, but theres not really a meeting place nearby
In any case I would be happy with the general concensus...

Looking forward to seeing some neat stuff next week :twothumbs

gunga

Flashaholic
Hack, can you PM these guys?

tc2468
Glock45acp
awesometools
eggoo
Nice-Light
brianch
rx78gp02

I already talked to van1, gagetor (above) and mindstretch (who will be out of town). Poco or Burnaby sound great to me.

Bushman5

Enlightened
BBY mountain, (near Horizons diner) would be good......big grassy fields, darkness, etc...

if people bring food to BBQ, i will bring my Lodge cast iron grill, a bag of lump charcoal, some mesquite chips........mmmmm flashlights and BBQ! :twothumbs

any night works fine for me, i can always phone in sick to work the next day.....:sick2::laughing::crackup::D:D:D

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Hack, can you PM these guys?

tc2468
Glock45acp
awesometools
eggoo
Nice-Light
brianch
rx78gp02

I already talked to van1, gagetor (above) and mindstretch (who will be out of town). Poco or Burnaby sound great to me.

Ooops, I forgot to mention that I did PM everyone on my little list. They all got a PM with a link to this thread. I guess most people aren't used to getting PMs! It's easy enough to forget to check them. :shrug:

PoCo would work for me too... I just don't know Poco or Burnaby well enough to make recommendations.

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
sorry guys.
i wont be out t o make it.
My wife just delivered our first child.
I would have loved to come, enjoy the illumination for me.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
sorry guys.
i wont be out t o make it.
My wife just delivered our first child.
I would have loved to come, enjoy the illumination for me.

Congratulations on becoming a father!

... and not to worry! Sounds like there's a good chance of another CPF meet in September and there will be more to come in the future too. :)

Gadgetor

Newly Enlightened
Hey
Rx7 Happy congrats :party::party::party:
Guess you'll be too tired to go anyways...

Soooo, whats the skinny????
Where does everyone want to go???
What time are we meeting???

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
So I guess all you guys coming to Kamloops is out of the questione eh? lol

I could show you my new Megallanium 1909 Searchlight:naughty: and Moddoo triple.

have fun guys. wish I could make it.

Kelly

Glock45acp

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, but I've been out of town for the last month. I should be good to go for thurs. 26. It'll be great to see some of you again. Unfortunately I have no new lights since the last meet, but I'll bring what I got. Still waiting to see what sst-90 offerings are coming out. Anybody have one to bring to the meet?
"Launch Mini", you said you'll be coming? We met at the last meet in North Van, I'm the other watch guy, and I'm in White Rock and wondering if you'd be interested in carpooling to the gtg. Now if only we knew where we are going, LOL.

gunga

Flashaholic
Hey guys, any ideas?

I have a golf course close to my place, gets pretty dark, I go for walks sometimes (takes like 30-40 minutes), but I'm around 57th and Main.

Gadgetor mentioned places in Port Moddy, not sure where to meet first.

We need to decide, soon!

Looking forward to meeting up, maybe checking out some new lights.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be giuessing if I picked anything away from surrey
delta watershed might be a comprise as it is a fairly short drive from Vancouver , bby and Langley.
There are pubs and rests at 64th and 128th I think

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Hey guys, any ideas?

I have a golf course close to my place, gets pretty dark, I go for walks sometimes (takes like 30-40 minutes), but I'm around 57th and Main.

Gadgetor mentioned places in Port Moddy, not sure where to meet first.

We need to decide, soon!

Looking forward to meeting up, maybe checking out some new lights.

I'm fine with something around 57th and Main, if that works for people.

Port Moody would also be okay if someone has a meeting spot and an outdoors area to recommend.

I would be giuessing if I picked anything away from surrey
delta watershed might be a comprise as it is a fairly short drive from Vancouver , bby and Langley.
There are pubs and rests at 64th and 128th I think

Delta watershed sounds good to me. I've only ever driven past it, so it could be nice to actually poke around there.

A bit of surfing found this Tim Horton's nice and close-by: http://dinehere.ca/surrey/tim-hortons-120th-64-ave
Shouldn't be too busy and you know what to expect food/drink-wise.
However, on that page there is also a list of "Nearby Restaurants" down on the right side if people would rather not go to Timmy's.

bcv001

Newly Enlightened
I'm fine with something around 57th and Main, if that works for people.

Port Moody would also be okay if someone has a meeting spot and an outdoors area to recommend.

Delta watershed sounds good to me. I've only ever driven past it, so it could be nice to actually poke around there.

A bit of surfing found this Tim Horton's nice and close-by: http://dinehere.ca/surrey/tim-hortons-120th-64-ave
Shouldn't be too busy and you know what to expect food/drink-wise.
However, on that page there is also a list of "Nearby Restaurants" down on the right side if people would rather not go to Timmy's.

i am from richmond , hope i can join you guys ! thank you

Gadgetor

Newly Enlightened
I'm OK going with the crowd.My work has been really busy lately, & I don't have time to check out Rocky Point,but Newport Village is just down the road...BTW has anyone looked @ the moon lately

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
There would also be the Deer Lake option... I'm assuming we could find a dark spot there: http://dinehere.ca/burnaby/tim-hortons-kingsway

And from what I can tell, there would be some options on Burnaby Mountain as well: http://www.dineoncampus.ca/sfu/index.cfm?cmd=DiningMap

Please respond to this thread with your vote for location (Burnaby Kingsway/Deer Lake, Burnaby Mountain, or Delta/Delta Watershed). If you would like the Burnaby Mt. option, please specify where you would like to meet. Tim's or Triple O's would be the obvious options.

These are all fairly central locations so hopefully everyone can make it out!

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Can anyone confirm there is a Tim's at:
3433 North Road
Burnaby BC, V3J 0A9

This would be very close to either Deer Lake or Burnaby Lake, located just off Highway 1. The Tim Hortons website says it's there, but Google Maps denies its existence...

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
If anyone particularly wants the Burnaby Mountain option, please confirm how to get there and what their hours are. The White Spot there isn't open after lunch time; and hours will generally be reduced on campus during the summer.

My vote is for either the Delta Watershed option or Deer Lake.