Veleno Designs E-Series Tower Dropin Review

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve's got an order from me as well... for a neutral 3-level. I have an E1e and an E2 languishing in a drawer (and they have a lot of company in that drawer!). With Steve's LED module, my E1e and E2 flashlights will likely re-blossom like Phoenixes (or would that be Phoenixi?) :)

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steve's got an order from me as well... for a neutral 3-level. I have an E1e and an E2 languishing in a drawer (and they have a lot of company in that drawer!). With Steve's LED module, my E1e and E2 flashlights will likely re-blossom like Phoenixes (or would that be Phoenixi?) :)

These modules are sure to breath new life into those incans! I am digging your avatar btw DHart. :thumbsup:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
ninemm.... glad ya like the pup.... he's my ever-constant companion, my 6 year old Golden/Lab cross... "Mister Harley". (Yeah, I ride a Road Glide Custom). Diggin' your avatar as well, and your screen name! Guess I might have called myself something like "pointfourfivein" or "pointfourohin"... and I'm a nine fan as well! :) Great guns, flashlights, motorcycles, and dogs.... sure make livin' life more enjoyable! :thumbsup:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been eyeing an E2E for a long time. and this will definitely make me finally buy one. 6p, c2 and other surefires never really appealed to me, but the E-series are something else:)

Kuku, will there be more 1.4 amp, 2 mode drivers???

also anyone know if there is satin grey E2E in type 3 "hard anodized"?

KuKu427

Enlightened
Sorry, no more 1.4 amps.
According to BigC's data the .4 is wasted after 1~3 minutes and there wasn't really that noticeable output to the human eye.
That's why the new boards had one 7135 chip removed to shrink the overall board size down while spacing out the components at the same time, giving the epoxy more room to flow into the cracks.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to bump this thread for more views and update it with my thoughts regarding the module.

I've been using it for a couple days now and I have to say it is a even better than I could have hoped for.

Mine is a 1.4a two mode neutral. It has a great smooth beam with a pleasingly just on the warm side of neutral tint. No hint of green or other colors in my example.

While the low may not be uber low it is the perfect level for navigating outside in the dark without attracting a ton of attention.

This module coupled with an F04 makes an excellent walking around light. And if you need throw simply pop off the diffuser and this little baby will throw a large round hotspot a good distance away. Very impressive for such a small reflector.

I just want to say thank Steve (kuku) for creating such innovative and well made products to the CPF community. I hope you never stop!

(P.S. That means get working on that E-Series tailcap! :poke: ;) )

Moving my mini review to the next page. :)

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone please tell me how this drop-in compares to the latest SF E2DL? Which one has more throw? Thanks.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an E2DL to compare to, but I'm almost positive that the tir of the E2DL is going to out throw the e series incan reflector.

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! I have been looking hard at these drop ins lately, but had the chance to try out the new E2DL last night and was pretty impressed with the throw on it, so I was looking for a comparison between the two. (sorry for the thread hijack)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
so i have a neutral xpg on pre-order.

i have an E2DL. that fits 17670s very snug.

question now is... should i get an E2E, or E1E? i was first thinking of the E2E. but now i think the E1E would give me much more lego options. i really like the shrouded tailcap of the e2dl, and will probably also get a McTC, with McClicky, unless someone suggest something better.

so... anybody know if the E2DL and E2E bodies are suppose to be the same? and are the E2E, and E1E heads the same?

notsofast

Enlightened
From my experience E series threads are all the same. Incest is rabid they all screw together.

I have run my E2DL head on an E1e using an IMR battery.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:D Sorry, you meant the incan heads................:fail: On my part for not reading, got LED on the brain.

Ya those are the same. LOL

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
no problem, hehe, just glad to know for sure now.

im leaning towards the E1E. so i can lego with my e2dl:thumbsup:. i love the smaller/shorter heads of the incan e-series.

:paypal:

KuKu427

Enlightened
You mean like this?
e2etir.jpg

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean like this?
e2etir.jpg

thanks for showing me what i have to look forward to. you tease!:nana:

so how much longer you going to make us wait?;)
no need to answer that of course. i have other lights to keep me occupied, for another week or so.

BarryG

Enlightened
My E2D has the clip on the body, my E1E has the clip on the bezel. no lego for me. Unless I put my E2D head and clicky tail on the E1E body, hmmmm......

Barry