Veleno Designs E-Series Tower Dropin Review

KuKu427

Enlightened
Please email me and I'll send you an invoice or discuss other options.

prime77

Enlightened
Does anyone have any idea what the runtime on high would be when using 2 cr123s. I've looked through this thread and the one on the marketplace and couldn't find one. I was just curious.

oef24

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to let everyone know that I received my E-Series dropin for my E2d. It fits perfectly and has given new life to my old E2d. I will definitely be ordering another one for my E2e and E1e.
Steve shipped out the dropin last Friday and it arrived exactly 1 week later perfectly packaged and ready to run. If you have a problem with PayPal, visit his website and send him an email. I placed my order via PayPal in Chinese but only because I knew how to navigate the page, not because I speak Chinese. He has a notice on the Veleno Designs website to email him if you get the Chinese PayPal page.
Another satisfied customer that will be back for more. Keep up the great work Steve.

O

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
Steve has been amazingly responsive and patient regarding my application questions as it pertains to my beloved E2D (soon to be more loved :) )
I will be ordering the 2 level neutral LED which will be available next week.
The product looks great, and even more importantly, is Steve's support behind his products and company. After all, a Company is only as good as its Customer Support, and from what I have experienced, Steve's is one of the Best :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Steve.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The product looks great, and even more importantly, is Steve's support behind his products and company. After all, a Company is only as good as its Customer Support, and from what I have experienced, Steve's is one of the Best :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Steve.

This is so true. Steve is definitely one of the "good guys" in the lighting world! You can count on him.

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Anyome know the runtimes and output of the 1-CR123 drop-in?

And how long it takes to recieve it here in the US?

Thx

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will someone please explain to me what the teardrop and non-teardrop heads are? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
that would only apply to the ancient style bezels.. not the newer ones.

Anyome know the runtimes and output of the 1-CR123 drop-in?

And how long it takes to recieve it here in the US?

Thx
not sure about the runtime, but it takes 3-7 business days I think. The parcel is coming from Taiwan.

biker1

Enlightened
I'm interested in the single mode, which mode is it, brightest (~250 lumens)?

As per Steve:
Regarding the 2 Mode & 3 Mode - Neutral drop in - lumens OTF >

1. 25, 250

2. 15, 75, 250

I would assume the 1 Mode is 250 lumens OTF

The run times are 2 hours with Primaries and
1 Hour with AW17670 1600mAh

^ I assume the above run times are on High

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been using my 2-mode neutral tint tower in a E1E, with McTC as my edc, and decided to do a runtime test, with the current battery im using. Solarforce 880mah rcr123(white). (i will be ordering a bunch of better li-ion soon, wrapped in black)
Mine is from the latest run i believe, driven at 1 amp.
I cant measure its lumens, but from ceiling bounce tests, its brighter than my quark AA2 neutral XPG, also brighter than my Jet lll M Q3(neutral). running off a fully charged 18650. although i perfer the Q3 tint. the tint on kuku's tower is prefered over the quark neutral xpg, but not by much.
I decided to do the test in 10 minute intervals on high, flashlight was kung-fu grippped in my fist most of the time for heatsinking. the results as follow, which was a pleasant surprise.
cell charged to 4.17v. measured from my craftsman DMM. also, waited 5 minutes for cool off period before turning back on for the 10 minute test.

after 10 minutes, measured at 3.87v
another 10 min. measured at 3.678v
another 10 min. measured at 3.565v
another 10 min. measured at 3.45v
another 9 min. measured at 3.25v then flickering started to warn of low battery power.

tested voltage 5 minutes later, and was at 3.31v. ran it on high again, and lasted close to 3 minutes before low power warning flickering.

note: the voltage reading are not very accurate, as i did not always time the measurement during cool off period. I noticed, the voltage would increase by the 100th as i am measuring it. most likely due to less heat.

so, in short i got 49 minutes on high. of course, its high mode was not as bright on a fullly charged cell. but the difference from low was very noticable.

fyrstormer

Banned
Steve is fully potting my module. Not sure if this will be a future "standard" feature or if he will offer it for an additional charge. He's definitely seeking to make extremely reliable modules. Steve's a great guy to boot. Always eager to help resolve any issue that might arise with one of his products.
But if he's a great guy, why would you boot him? :eek:

Sorry, coffee hasn't kicked in yet. :tired: Very much looking forward to the arrival of my E-series drop-in. :D

bullterrier

Enlightened
got mine to day:party:
but i do not work with 17670 in my e2d ore e2e it works fine with 2 cr123.
is i doing some thing wrong:thinking:

mine is a 2 mode 2xcr123/1 Li-lonl neutral led.
i am using UltraFire 17670 1800 mAh

best regards bullterrier

biker1

Enlightened
got mine to day:party:
but i do not work with 17670 in my e2d ore e2e it works fine with 2 cr123.
is i doing some thing wrong:thinking:

mine is a 2 mode 2xcr123/1 Li-lonl neutral led.
i am using UltraFire 17670 1800 mAh

best regards bullterrier

I wonder if the Ultrafires are too short, and therefore, not making contact??
(assuming they are properly charged)
There may be more info here somewhere re: the length

EDIT:

Take a look here re: tapered body of some E's
www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=212308

Last edited:

bullterrier

Enlightened
I wonder if the Ultrafires are too short, and therefore, not making contact??
(assuming they are properly charged)
There may be more info here somewhere re: the length

EDIT:

Take a look here re: tapered body of some E's
www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=212308

i think the nippel are to short on the battery my batteries fit perfect in my e2e and e2d body.

and i have try out 3 different UltraFire 17670 and all is fresh from the charger.

bullterrier

Enlightened
did forgot to say that i have try my batteris in my e2e and e2d body with me nithcore extreme head so the batteries work with that head and my bodies.
so i think my problem is my battery.

+i have tryd my drop in in my e1e and it works.
so i think the nippel on the battery is to low.

Last edited: