Walgreens AAA Energizer Lithium $3 for 4!!!!

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Bummed I missed the $4 AAA Energizer lithium 4 pack at Office Depot, someone posted they were on sale at WAG for $5. Well, tonight I went in to get a pack to play with and they were $3!!!!!

I cleaned them out (4 packs) Will be hitting other WAG stores near me!!!!!!!!!!!

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Anything wrong with the old packs? I assume they're ok, I keep all my batteries in the freezer anyways.....

bucken

Enlightened
Great buy for $3!!! What's the expiration date? I just bought a few more packs at an Office Depot, today. The clerk said that the $4.01 price at OD is good until the end of October. The hardest part, however, is finding an OD that still has any in stock.

wwglen

Enlightened
Old Package:

Blue / Silver
Lithium Power Now in AAA
Energizer e@ Lithium in BLACK
Batteries are silver with blue ring that takes up about 1/4 of the battery.

New Package.
Blue / Black / Sliver packaging
Enigerzier e2 Lithium in WHITE
Batteries are silver with a blue swish under Enigizer logo.

Looking at the UPC they are the same so I don't see how the OLD packages I got at one walgreen store rang up as $3.00 (Marked on clearance for $4)

The New package at another walgreen store rang up as $10.99

wwglen

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
oops, meant 2020. Old or new, 2020 expiration says "new" to me as proper storage will keep them good for at least 30 years instead of 15....

Even 15 years says these will be good when I retire...

onthebeam

Enlightened
The old ones here expire in 2019 while the new ones expire in 2020. Not so old if it will last 14 more years, eh?? Now, in 2019, I'll be old but the batteries will be as good as new. . .

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are not on sale around here! The price is $10.99 for 4 AAA's.

Sorry, double post!

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I was able to snag the last 4 pack at my local Walgreens and it rang up for $3.20 with tax included. I had to go to the rear of the store and sort through the clearance bins to find it.
I later went a few miles away to another Walgreens. This store had about 15 packs in stock with identical bar codes and expiration dates of 2019. I grabbed several and headed to the register like a kid in a candy store. To my suprise these rang up at 10 dollars. The manager explained that each store is seperate and prices clearance items on a store to store basis. She said that some will have items on sale and others will not. I asked her to set a few packs aside as she would not honor the sale price. She said she would call me if these went on sale and I could have first run on them as it is nearby my work area.
I do assume that all stores will eventually have to place their stock on clearance as people in general do not seem to want to pay the much higher cost. I do hope that this trend will not influence future production of the lithiums. It may be just too much of a cost increase for the average non flashaholic to even give a second glance to a 4 pack for over 10 dollars when alkalines can be had for 70 percent less. It seems as if most places are getting rid of their stock of lithiums in AAA size. I think it was Office Depot who also chose to give up on stocking these recently. I am curious to know if the future will find a way of providing these at competitive prices. To me it seems that the cost of a 123 cell has been very high for as long as I can remember at my local Wal-Mart.
Well at least I was able to get one pack so I can not complain....happy hunting.