Wanted: AAA keychain light that starts on high/around 100lms

97catintenn

Newly Enlightened
I love my aaa lights, but I have found that I am using them all the time at work and always need the high output. My favorite so far is the little Maratac's but they start on low. So, I'm always switching them on low and to high. Its getting to be a problem and I just want a little light on my keychain that starts on high.

Any suggestions?

Has to be AAA and compact to attach to keychain for EDC.

Thanks!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
100 lumen is probably hard to do with a normal AAA battery. A 10440 Li-ion battery might work, but you'll have to be careful of the battery. If you don't mind using the Li-ion battery, the Peak Eiger could work.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
EOSLAMP SP11, a nice 2-mode compact AAA keychain light with hi coming on first. Default factory high is 38 lumens but with the option of 100 lumens if you specify during purchase. If tightened for off is your thing, then this might be what you're looking for.

crazigee

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix L0D on my keychain. It's only 75 lumens on high, and you have to cycle through low and medium before getting the high. Personally I find 75 lumens to be plenty for a keychain light.

97catintenn

Newly Enlightened
EOSLAMP SP11, a nice 2-mode compact AAA keychain light with hi coming on first. Default factory high is 38 lumens but with the option of 100 lumens if you specify during purchase. If tightened for off is your thing, then this might be what you're looking for.

That's a nice little gem I didn't know about! Thanks!

97catintenn

Newly Enlightened
I ordered that one last week. It came on low first then high. I emailed countycomm and they said I received the updated Rev3 model that now starts on low :(

Hopefully, you will receive one that does start on high.

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Well then I'll probably be getting the same rev 3, as I ordered on Friday. That kinda sucks, as that high-then-low UI that they are advertising was the main reason I ordered that model. :scowl:

Edit: Got mine, and yep it starts on low. :(

Last edited:

97catintenn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the options on lights. While checking those out, I stumbled upon the Tank007 e09. It's basiclly the same size as the maratac aaa, 120+ max output, 3 mode with memory. I find it to suit my needs perfectly. So far, battery life is holding out. Still on my first one, but haven't really tested it. Anyway, it's cool that I can set it to turn on in any mode I like.

Latest posts