• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wanted - UVC P60 style drop in

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I don't think they exist yet. There are a very small number of real UVC LED flashlights out there right now and none of the ones I've seen are in the P60 drop-in format.

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
I don't think they exist yet. There are a very small number of real UVC LED flashlights out there right now and none of the ones I've seen are in the P60 drop-in format.

I've seen a few that are already on a PCB and some bare diodes. I'm hoping to find someone that can make or does make P60 drop-ins. The person I've bought from before hasn't logged in for about 5 years now. Hopefully something will show up soon. I already have one that's around 385nm. The main uses are/will be for showing off and hunting for gem and minerals that react to UV light.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've seen a few that are already on a PCB and some bare diodes. I'm hoping to find someone that can make or does make P60 drop-ins. The person I've bought from before hasn't logged in for about 5 years now. Hopefully something will show up soon. I already have one that's around 385nm. The main uses are/will be for showing off and hunting for gem and minerals that react to UV light.
Another fluorescent mineral collector here. I've been searching for something similar for the same reason. I have a 275nm UVC LED on a round PCB but a single UVC LED isn't very bright so I haven't fitted it to a host. I bought a germicidal UVC LED wand (FEIT UVC/WAND/6W/LED) and I have a long thin UVC filter that I'm going to fit to it; this will produce a nice linear swath of illumination but it won't have much throw.

**Edit** Another forum member tipped me off to this brand of UVC lamps. This might be viable for your application.

Last edited:

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
Getting one of those would be quicker and easier for sure. I wonder how the price would compare to a drop in of similar brightness. I'd like something with multiple brightness levels though. Don't really need a lot of power when viewing up close or in really dark areas. When you select the bundle option, does the price change for you? It's showing the same price for me. I'd think the battery and charger would increase the price. Not that I need either of them anyway. I already have some 26650s and an XTar charger

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The UVC LEDs that I have put out a tiny amount of visible blue light. Not enough to overpower the fluorescence of the subject material but enough to reduce the contrast a little bit and possible cause incorrect identification due to the visible "pollution."

Latest posts