Wanting to build my own light....

Stormstaff

Newly Enlightened
As of right now I'm carrying a SF 6P with a LF lamp and Li-Ion battery for my EDC. I'd like to stick with something around this size.

I'm thinking of "legoing" (right term I hope) a light together for EDC just so I have one with a little more personal touch. I was looking over at Lighthound at the Leef bodies. I'm wanting something with at least the same power (rated 150 lumens) as what I carry now. LED is fine I guess (I just know anything about them) and I wanna run Li-Ion to keep future battery costs down.

Suggestions on my build list? And no, it doesn't all have to come from Lighthound.

As far as cost, I'd like to try and keep it under $200 total since I can buy it a few pieces at a time it won't hurt the wallet as much, hehe. :broke:

Thanks in advance for any help with this project!!!

Please keep in mind....I'm a n00b :tinfoil:

Stormstaff

Newly Enlightened
30 views and not 1 response? Am I being too vague? Am I asking too much? I can try to answer any questions if I need to "fill in the blanks" about the light I'd like to build.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you'll need either a custom made LED tower, with a spot for a driver board, and some wires, or you will need to replace the reflector with an LED reflector. You could also use an optic, the biggest issue is, getting a lathed mount for the LED whether you use a stubby heat sink that sits where the LA is and has an LED on to, or you get a LED LA that has the LED on a post.

The sandwiche shoppe has some great electronics stuff, and you'll have to look around for LED's, good luck with your mod.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
For my newest Lego that replaces my recently stolen one -
I started with an od green G2 and added : lighthound shiny stainless steel defender type Bezel with teeth swapped for plain retaining ring with ucl lens and wolfeyes Q5 drop in and AW's 17670 cell with GITD o rings inside bezel and custom lanyard on SF lanyard ring. All this is in the mail so to speak. Not really custom custom, but pretty cool.

Stormstaff

Newly Enlightened
Ya, I don't have the skills for "custom custom", I'm just trying for something a little personal. Thanks for the ideas!

Anyone else?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
CPF member Burman makes custom pocket clips Bezel up or down for many lights, he's making a bezel down stainless steel clip for my G2 Lego! I keep picturing it matching the SS head I've got and drooling! He makes Ti clips too.