• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Haiku High CRI

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's good people.
I can see that. He's helped me out too by buying my HDS 140 GT when it is still under servicing with Henry, not for himself, but for a friend who has lost his 170 tactical. I am glad to meet so many nice guys here in CPF.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Precisely. Although I hardly needed anything more powerful than that for my EDC usage, I have to agree that more might be better. OTOH, I would rather much prefer it to have a lower low output than what is currently being offered. I am sure you feel the same Pete?
My 119 Haiku is bright enough for almost anything I do, but today I was trying to see up underneath the gutter on the greenhouse to attach some heat pads and even with the light on high, it still wasn't enough to overcome the bright sunlight. Finally got it done, but should have done it in the morning when that side was still in the shade.

I'd love to eventually see a 4S engine from Don, with the Haiku going both higher and lower than present, but with the 3S, wish that there was just a bit more space between levels so that the low went at least a bit lower than present. I think low is now 4lumens, and would like to see it at least brought down to 1 or 2lumens. Probably never happen, but I'm still hoping.

Darien

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, Don, for the awesome light. Only one problem though; I'll never be able to look at lights the same as before this one.

When I joined CPF five years ago, I never really paid any attention to the custom flashlights because I knew I would never be going there.:crazy:
Bad mistake, should have been the first place. Now I need to figure out what I'm willing to sell.

Thanks again! Glad I finally seen the light.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Hey guys, I was just wondering how come the cusom lights dont usually have HI Lumens like 500-700? Usually when I see a custom light it is 80-200 or so? Is there a reason or just thats the way it is?

nbp

Flashaholic
Many of the custom builders ( Don being a perfect case in point) are concerned with not only making a light that looks pretty, but is reliable and tough and can be depended on day after day. Conservative outputs increase runtimes and preserve the health of the emitter, leading to greater longevity and functionality over the life of the light.

That's my take anyways from reading a lot of Don's posts.

Edit: Mac breaks the mold a bit in this regard. He's kinda a lumen junkie. ;)

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Hey guys, does anyone know how to get the Metal (Ti?) tail cap with tritium for the Mcgizmo lights(Haiku XML)?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, does anyone know how to get the Metal (Ti?) tail cap with tritium for the Mcgizmo lights(Haiku XML)?
If you have a McGizmo clicky pack you will need to buy a Kuku E switch with the trit button Other option is to get the E series comaptible body with the removable tail cap and use a e-switch - again it will need a kuku type switch The light on the far right is a Haiku with a e-switch and trits
DSC01818.jpg

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
Congrats Karasu,

I know you have put alot of thought in your decision. Happy for you. You won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:

Karasu

Newly Enlightened
It's arrived! albeit 2 days late than tracking said it would but it came this morning and I am more than pleased! Thank you Don!

Last edited: