• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Ti Haiku XP-G flashlights-ended

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wave of Ti Haiku XP-G flashlights

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Waiting on Don to post the new AA body thread because I want one of these beauties with the AA body. PP trigger finger ready!!

mikego

Newly Enlightened

Count me in Don,

email sent.

I can't resist your gems.

Mike

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
I have added the option of a 2xAA McClickie Pak in the first post of this thread. Thanks!!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Wave of Ti Haiku XP-G flashlights(on hold)

Hi guys,
I edited the first post and subject line. This wave is on hold until I get more LED's and Light Engines built up. I will reopen this wave when I can. Thanks!!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi guys,
I edited the first post and subject line. This wave is on hold until I get more LED's and Light Engines built up. I will reopen this wave when I can. Thanks!!

:sigh:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Received the Haiku XP-G on Friday and all i can say is:

WOW!:twothumbs

Much more brighter than i expected...i really love the beam
of the XP-G, just with a great spot and a very nice sidespill, not like
the XP-E. :D

No getting hot a very useful light!!! Thanks Don! :popcorn:

COAST

Enlightened

McGizmo, I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like one, but I don't have PP, just cash.... Can i PLEASE buy one with cash?? :bow:

COAST

Enlightened

Never mind... Can i use RCR123's with this light?

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
I have received a number of queries on an ETA for the resumption of this wave. I am hoping for the middle of this month if not even sooner. I expected to receive an order of the XP-G LED's by now but they are not here yet. I also have family and relatives as well as guests coming and going this month since it's whale season and I won't deny that this cuts into my shop time. :eek: Heck, in years past, I was away from my shop for the whole month of Feb while visiting over here. :duck:

There were a couple odd ball LE's that got past me and out to you guys that I have sent back to the converter designer. I am hoping to find out if there is anything I need to be more careful about or if there is something different going on with the converter coupled with the XP-G LED. I am hoping for any insight into this issue as well before I get into assembling a bunch of LE's (after receiving and mounting the next batch of LED's on the MCPCB's). With hundreds of these converters out there performing as they should, a couple misbehavers is not a big deal but having them show up now that I am using a new LED makes me want to proceed with a little caution and hopefully some insight from the designer. For all I know, Murphy has messed with me once again.

The owner of the machine shop is on island for the next couple days with his wife and tomorrow we will hopefully paddle out and visit some whales while discussing the titanium parts of course.

COAST,
Cash is fine. When these are available again, please contact me via E-mail and we can sort it out.

COAST

Enlightened

Thanks so much McGizmo! Actually, I'm not sure i need to, (i might) i'm buying from sffanman who needs cash too. I still don't know though. Thanks again!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

It'll be worth the wait! Hope it comes soon...

:whistle:

I know that it's worth the wait, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, as I have already a Haiku BB! :twothumbs

Meanwhile, I want to clean the lens of my Haiku BB, it was a little dirty inside upon receiving already. Can you just scre the light engine out of the head and take the lens out for that operation? I never disassemble any custom light without a serious reason and if the operation is risky, I won't do it on the Haiku neither, it's only a cosmetical operation after all. Does it matter which way you put the lens in?

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Henk Lu,

The wait will be worth it buddy, but I hope you don't need to wait much longer!

mikes1

Enlightened

Meanwhile, I want to clean the lens of my Haiku BB, it was a little dirty inside upon receiving already. Can you just scre the light engine out of the head and take the lens out for that operation? I never disassemble any custom light without a serious reason and if the operation is risky, I won't do it on the Haiku neither, it's only a cosmetical operation after all. Does it matter which way you put the lens in?

The lens comes out from the front of the light you need to get the O ring out then the lens will fall out with a tap. I used a plastic tooth pick from a Swiss army knife to pry the O ring out without damaging it

Mike