Wee New light From Lummi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob - Please please stop making such nice torches, I really should feed the kids this month, but if you keep making these nice little things, the kids are going to go hungry.
If you don't want my children to suffer, you could just send me a wee free!
Joking aside, fantastic product (again), two stage with a low would be a nice option.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Seems like most people want low output. In this light I would want as much output as possible, don't really care about runtime (as long as it's not ridiculously low like one or two minutes).
So is 50 lumens the absolute maximum you can squezee out of that cell? Not that 50 lumens from such a small light isn't incredibly impressive :)

Tritium

Enlightened
Isak Hawk said:
Seems like most people want low output. In this light I would want as much output as possible, don't really care about runtime (as long as it's not ridiculously low like one or two minutes).
So is 50 lumens the absolute maximum you can squezee out of that cell? Not that 50 lumens from such a small light isn't incredibly impressive :)

+1 More Brighter, More Better. Don't care if runtime is 15 min only.

Thurmond

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sable, Does the Wee battery charge in a Nano Charger?

That is how I have been charging the 10180 Cell, however there is another lower current charger from AW that may be better suited.

jsr, Question: Is the 50 lumens at the emitter or out the front?
Today 08:36 PM
Yes out the front.

GrooveRite, Price estimate in the 1st post:
£35 Wee NS
£75 Wee Ti

carrot, If it's watertight I'd be interested!
At least water resistant, should be dunkable like the Raw NS.

cryhavok, Any reason the light is "backwards" i.e. smaller end houses the reflector? Why not make it like the Raw NS so you could put a little bit of a bigger reflector?
Yes to keep the design as short as possible. If you turn it around the Ref could not be bigger unless the OD increased. There is another Reason but I am finding it hard to explain.. Basically there would be complications & alignment issues.
The current Design has to be a contender for the Worlds simplest torch???

PhantomPhoton, Any regulation or protection against over-discharge?
Nope DD, It is quite hard or a long time before you get the 10180 down to below 2.8 volts.

Essexman, Ahh just do a Hansel & Gretal. the Kids will love the adventure. You could lone them a few torches so they can blind the old witch :sick2:

Isak Hawk, So is 50 lumens the absolute maximum you can squeeze out of that cell?
No, Easy get 80 Lumens if not a few more. Preferable stick to near 50 as a good all rounder.
If two stages do not work out, we can offer options of say 10,30,50,70 Lumen outputs @ the check out??

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I like the way these keep getting smaller, But I have to admitt this one just looks too weird to me.

It looks uneven with the tailcap larger than the bezzle.

Tempting, and the price realy is awesome, but I think I will hold back, as I think twisties in this size without knurling to fiddly/ slippery, I would like to see a tail switch, even if only momentary.

As a suggestion would it be possible to make the body threads on the inside and have the tailcap screw inside the body instead of out with to keep it all one diameter. A small push button on the base of the tailcap for momentary would also be Ideal!

But If I did have one, I'd have it as bright as you could demand safely from the cell. A torch this size with 80 Lumens or more as you said that would be easy would realy be a scorching mini pocket rocket.

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
carrot said:
If it's watertight I'd be interested!

I dont know if the Raw NS is the same, ie splash proof, but (with a generous helping of nyogell) I let my little boy play in the bath with the Ns switched on for 15 - 20 minutes. He knew not to tun it off, but with the lights off and the bath full of bubbles it looked realy cool and he had great fun, I tried to take a picture, but the steam fogged up my cammera.

when I pulled the light apart after drying and gave it 5- 10 mins sitting on the radiator the internals were completley dry.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
orb said:
No, Easy get 80 Lumens if not a few more.

Now that's what I'm talking about! :rock:

I could live with only 5 minutes of runtime if it was super bright. I would just carry an additional Wee with a lower output and have the best of both worlds.

I'm in for 2 NS's and one Ti.

1 NS as bright as possible with 5+ minutes runtime, one stage
1 NS with ~10 lumens, one stage
1 Ti with two-stage 80+/10 or super-bright if two stages don't work out

The more I look at those pics, the more I love that little Wee :)

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Raoul_Duke said:
A small push button on the base of the tailcap for momentary would also be Ideal!

Actually, you do get a sort of push button momentary because of the play in the threads. At least that's the way it is with my orb raw's. If you stop twisting just after the light switches off you can squezee the light and it comes on momentarily. I prefer to hold it between my thumb and middle finger, and use my index finger to push on the back of the light.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashlightReviews.com estimated the lumens for the Orb Raw NS (with 1 K2). The low was estimated to be 6.6 lumens and the high was estimated to be 83.5 lumens. To me those levels sound perfect. The more efficient Cree LED should help balance out the Wee's smaller battery.

The Wee's design is a real work of art. It would be great as a backup light. You might even offer engraving, if you have time for that sort of thing. A wee four leaf clover would be nice.

eltel999

Newly Enlightened
Count me in for 1 x Ti please.

The lumens at checkout is a great idea!

Cheers,

Terry

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened
Count me in for one in NS
clap.gif

bray

Newly Enlightened
when will the first run be? that two stage seems too unreal to be true... can i dare say it would be the perfect light???

Edwood

Enlightened
A Wee Cree? LOL, awesome.

I'm really really tempted, but I don't need another proprietary battery type.

I am going to wait for Q3 bin Crees and order a Raw NS and have the P2 Cree swapped out of my Raw Ti. Whenever the Q3 Crees are available.

Oh yeah, as for the apparent backwards config of the Wee Cree, it's perfect, if you are used to the NS style body. When I use it one handed, I grip the body with my middle and ring fingers, and turn the bottom part with my thumb and fore finger.

Looks exactly how it should be done with the Wee Cree.

-Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.