Well I Ordered Me A TN31

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
yea, that T10 was a really nice free throw in. It's a very nice light in it's own right. I use it a lot already

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is. I actually think that I personally will find the TN30 a more useful light, at least for me. It has really good throw, and it lights up just about everything, thereby adding some practicality to such a fine light. I live in a city, so really long distances are not as useful as "lots of light, even down the street!"

But even I have to admit, when I went outside the other night and lit up a communication tower about three blocks away with the TN31, I was really impressed. That feat was performed even though there was a slight fog starting to form, and I could clearly see the lattice work of the tower with the light. Without the light all I could see was the red flashing warning light on it's top. Between myself and that tower is a fairly well used street, well lit and with a couple of businesses that have well lit parking lots, so with the forming fog/mist the air at ground level was actually quite bright. I actually didn't expect to see the tower with all that mist in the air showing in the beam, but sure enough, large as life, there it was!

I am very happy with both lights (and the T10 that came with one of them)

-Bob

Let us all know if you find that the TN30 gets "TOO HOT" for your liking.

It has been mentioned on more than one occasion.

I think that pushing that much juice through that size of light with the heatsinking provided in it is asking for trouble in my book!

I did not go for the TN30 but I have three TN31s now with the "Bundle Deal" sale and I also have the Saab modded TN31 that throws over 900 yards (metres) at around 250Kcd!

The de-doming of the LED made Saab's TN31 a lot more like a Neutral tint that I don't mind actually.

I like both the original TN31 and the Saab modded TN31.

CHEERS
:thumbsup:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've tried to figure out all that Saab did to the TN31... sandblasting the battery carrier, adding thermal epoxy? and dedoming as well? I did the dd to my SR90 and it helped a little, but it gave it an ugly tint in my mind. Maybe I was just too used to the white tint it had before. Anyway, if thats all Saab did, couldn't I just do that to my soon to arrive TN31 and save myself the money? Is there anything else propietary that he did that's not known to us? I don't mean to discount his work as he does awesome work no doubt, but I don't mind saving myself the labor costs and doing it myself.

Thanks,
Dan
Let us all know if you find that the TN30 gets "TOO HOT" for your liking.

It has been mentioned on more than one occasion.

I think that pushing that much juice through that size of light with the heatsinking provided in it is asking for trouble in my book!

I did not go for the TN30 but I have three TN31s now with the "Bundle Deal" sale and I also have the Saab modded TN31 that throws over 900 yards (metres) at around 250Kcd!

The de-doming of the LED made Saab's TN31 a lot more like a Neutral tint that I don't mind actually.

I like both the original TN31 and the Saab modded TN31.

CHEERS
:thumbsup:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I got my TN31 today.

DSCF4148Small.jpg

DSCF4149Small.jpg

DSCF4157Small.jpg

DSCF4165Small.jpg

DSCF4170Small.jpg

DSCF4173Small.jpg

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
Congrats! You will dig it for sure.

Anxious to hear what you think relative to some others, especially that k40!

How do they compare in-hand regarding build quality and weight etc?

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
hey, all that looks familiar....:D

Just got my 3- 3100 AWs off the charger. Love the UI ring.

love the throw and there is still a bunch of usable spill:eek: