Well, I've been selling off my best lights...

bestcounsel

Enlightened
wow...i thought i was alone!

I sold off quite a bit of my good stuff and settled on 3 G2L's. 2 have the P60L and 1 has a P90. All run off of rcr123's...

One... G2L with P60L is for edc
Second ...G2L with P60L is for back up general use
Third G2 with P90 and rcr's is for duty/night/low light use

I might get another G3 though...

I really missed the incan's in the dark....

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I've been thinking about selling a few lights and getting something different too. They're not super expensive lights but they're decent. Like sell a few Fenixes and get another SF or Ra. But I have kind of a weariness of getting rid of some, like it makes me less of a flashaholic if I sell some lights. I mean, I'll buy different ones to replace them, but I sometimes feel like I need to keep all my lights forever, which is silly. How did you get over the discomfort of breaking up the collection?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've been thinking about selling a few lights and getting something different too. They're not super expensive lights but they're decent. Like sell a few Fenixes and get another SF or Ra. But I have kind of a weariness of getting rid of some, like it makes me less of a flashaholic if I sell some lights. I mean, I'll buy different ones to replace them, but I sometimes feel like I need to keep all my lights forever, which is silly. How did you get over the discomfort of breaking up the collection?
I've gone through the same thing multiple times but there's nothing like getting something you like better to make it easier parting with something you never thought you would.

That's why I just parted with my Bitz and my prized high CRI Clicky in order to partially trade into another light I've been lusting after ever since I saw the first picture of one.

curtispdx

Enlightened
wow...i thought i was alone!

I sold off quite a bit of my good stuff and settled on 3 G2L's. 2 have the P60L and 1 has a P90. All run off of rcr123's...

One... G2L with P60L is for edc
Second ...G2L with P60L is for back up general use
Third G2 with P90 and rcr's is for duty/night/low light use

I might get another G3 though...

I really missed the incan's in the dark....

I've been moving over to the E series. I've got a E2D with the Lumens Factory IMR drop in and it's fantastic. (Runtime, however, is not. About ten minutes or so.)

If it gets dinged up in my pocket it's not a big deal. However, if I had dinged up my McGizmo (now sold) or JHanko EX10 (sold that one too) I'd have been pissed.

curtispdx

Enlightened

I never thought of myself as a collector but I did end up with some pretty nice lights. Almost all the super nice ones are gone now and I don't really miss them.

mrartillery

Enlightened
Yeah, it wears off, but usually comes back with a VENGANCE! I think there were three periods where I would rarely even visit CPF, but those periods were always followed by some intense buying/trading.

I agree, I once went on a almost 2 year hiatus myself to pursue a short lived hobby, but I'm back in full force now. :cool:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was thinking the same. trim the fat as the best lights are usually not the most used.
i either keeping them for sentimental value or they have the capability of being modded in the future.