What are the top brands of Chinese flashlights in 2019?

tom-

Enlightened
Fenix is simply the finest light on the planet; best design-best performance and from what I read best warranty.

Have never needed warranty or repair work so I cannot comment on this, as a guess I would say they have this all to themselves also.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
As far as the "mainstream" brands go, I think Acebeam lights are well made and keep up well with the technology. Their product portfolio is quite large, offering lights in various sizes and battery types. I've never had any reliability problems with them either.

I've got several Convoy S2+ lights too. These are such a great deal, and mine have all been rock-solid. I'm very tempted to buy the new XHP70.2 L6 thrower, although I really don't know what I would do with it :)

That said, my favorite brand right now is probably Emisar. My D4S is just such a fun light. I've also ordered a Fireflies E07, but I haven't received it yet. I know they're having some reliability and build issues, but the UI and output were just too tempting for me to ignore.

wardroid

Newly Enlightened
I've never had issues with my half a dozen or so fenix lights. Olight is at the very bottom. Other were hit or miss. My first armytek was a tank, so I bought another which was a dud that lasted 2 uses. My Dim-as-hell 60 lumen surefire that's 20 years old is the most durable. I'm in the market for a few flashlights. Contemplating on a few cheap, bright chinese made or one r two high end surefire. I'm leaning towards surefire

LGT

Enlightened
Spring of last year I read about PK Design Lab on the Net in firearm related blog articles. Quite a few products, some eerily similar to Surefire Xseries weapon lights. No prices or information on where to purchase. Haven't seen anything since. When I looked at the PK Design Lab website, a lot of products looked like they were trying to appeal to the tacticool customer. Their statement... Design style, and new fresh Artistic attempts of machining methods for all details in cosmetic pleasure...

Apparently, this is their "cosmetic pleasure" flagship shown in Gallery I.

l8oPeBb.png
looks like a rook/bishop. how cool it would be/albeit expensive/ to have a chess set of PK lights?

Last edited:

koziy

Newly Enlightened
As far as the "mainstream" brands go, I think Acebeam lights are well made and keep up well with the technology. Their product portfolio is quite large, offering lights in various sizes and battery types. I've never had any reliability problems with them either.

I've got several Convoy S2+ lights too. These are such a great deal, and mine have all been rock-solid. I'm very tempted to buy the new XHP70.2 L6 thrower, although I really don't know what I would do with it :)

That said, my favorite brand right now is probably Emisar. My D4S is just such a fun light. I've also ordered a Fireflies E07, but I haven't received it yet. I know they're having some reliability and build issues, but the UI and output were just too tempting for me to ignore.

Well I guess I'm the exception because I just got a new Acebeam H15 headlamp that was dead on arrival. Will not power on at all.