What are you toting today?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think SF admonished not to use rechargeable batteries with their incandescents, didn't they?
They do but it's fine in some situations. Surefire is a tactical company. They want their lights to always work. It's why they still make them for primaries. They're more reliable. But if you can get the voltage close enough, most will work. But not for incandescents. Not these cells anyway. Just 3 primary cells lights work with 2 regular lithium ions. Because the voltage works out to being the same for their LOLAs.

Lowglow

Newly Enlightened
Today it's been filthy, dark and rainy in my part of the UK so to combat the gloom it's been my M4 with Tad's bulb and 2 x 16650's. Punchy light.
20231212_192601.jpg

parang

Newly Enlightened
There is a light in the Traveller SAK too. Not pictured Sofirn SC01 on the keychain.
20231211_124206.jpg

Bob A

Newly Enlightened
SF EDC1-DFT, a replacement for the EB-1 I lost. I don't care for the spread SF adds to the beam; much prefer a spot, but this one certainly throws farther, with the attendant splashback from every reflective surface. Picked up the Titan for cheap; surprisingly nice handy little gadget.

For social work, Sabre Red pepper gel and the CZ. Benchmade came up with the opening/locking system of my dreams, after 40 years of searching for a real one-handed knife.

EDC Dec 23.jpg

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Today I decided to carry a Fenix LD22 V2. Its 800 lumens with a rechargeable battery (that is provided and has on board USB C) and it also runs on AA batteries. Bright enough to get the job done as a back up light.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF EDC1-DFT, a replacement for the EB-1 I lost. I don't care for the spread SF adds to the beam; much prefer a spot, but this one certainly throws farther, with the attendant splashback from every reflective surface. Picked up the Titan for cheap; surprisingly nice handy little gadget.

For social work, Sabre Red pepper gel and the CZ. Benchmade came up with the opening/locking system of my dreams, after 40 years of searching for a real one-handed knife.

View attachment 54124
Really nice load-out. :)(y)

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was carrying these 3 the other day. E2e and Minimag are pretty much stock just have DC- fix to smooth out the beams and the 6p has a xenon lamp with unknown output but it's significantly brighter and cleaner than the stock beam.

I liked how I had the soft low flood of the minimag, more focused and brighter E2e and the 6p to just light everything up.

Growing up, it would have been cool to have these 3 (along with a headlamp).

As it was, I just had the minimag and a 3D mag which got left behind most of the time.

F5220658-47FF-4814-8F54-841F6FC34DD5.jpeg

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
That e2e must be super floody with the dc-fix. I'm using some milder stuff on a more powerful mag mod and there's no hot spot anymore. I've got an E2E on the way. I've never seen a picture of One side-by-side with a 6P. I can't believe how much smaller it is. Or the walls just super thin or something on the battery tube? Since they both take the same cells.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "new" E2D defender is a bit larger than the previous E2D with crenelated bezel. I prefer the size of the older generation E series and the looks over the newer models
1712526497622.png