vtunderground

Enlightened
New truck:

toytaco2.jpg

Old truck (only because I don't have any pics of the new truck off-road):

bronco5.jpg

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey steed77, nice lightning, what drop do you have on that. I was thinking of doing a 2/3 drop on my ram, as i am short, and its a pain in the a$$ to have to get in the bed to get things out sometimes, mine is 4WD its not a straight axel in the front, so i dont think it would cause a problem, the kit i was pricing includes, rear leaf, front spindles, lower control arms and coils.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
And WTF is that liquid that drips from the ceiling?!? Let's just hope it's "pure" NYC rain-water, deep filtered through 80 years of street sweeping into the gutters and subway gratings of Manhattan. Better yet, let's just wear a hood and try not to think about it...

I drive to work in a 16 year-old Mercury Sable sedan that I'm borrowing from a relative. Been driving it for almost 10 months now. Hope to upgrade to a new car, soon.... But if given the choice, I'd pick that old Merc over the subway in a heartbeat! :)

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I drive a 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 door. Nice middle of the road type of car. Good gas mileage, adequate power, stylish, comfortable, and relatively reliable for a 13 year old car. And no rust so far!

EasySt

Newly Enlightened
Here's my primary vehicle:

2703311868_30638568aa.jpg

2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800A
2702486989_be2c4c4f8b.jpg

I have a car too, but I'm always forgetting to drive it enough to keep the battery charged... ;-)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've waited nearly a year to post this update.... Nearly a year of waiting for funds to get freed up, of agonizing over the sheer number of choices, of tons of mind-numbing research for the ideal car for me.

And 4 hours ago, I brought my new car home. It's got a wicked V6. Sitting in my garage is my brand new....

Mazda 6 sSport model. :twothumbs

Here's a pic of my car that I initially built on the Mazda dealer's website.

(The only thing missing is the rear spolier and body colored side-molding. Side-molding was $265 extra, and they had to use an outside body shop. But so worth the price to keep small dents off my doors).

0988yt6.jpg

Last edited:

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
My daily driver is a 2005 4Runner limited v8 2wd.
Average: 19 mpg mixed city/highway

Wife's daily driver is a 2007 Mazda 6 4cyl
Average: 24 mpg mixed city/highway

My toy is a 1977 bronco 302
tan77_medium.JPG

Average: 13 mpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sweet new ride, Monocrom. I had the granddaddy of yours, the '79 626. One of my favorites ever.

Geoff

Thanks!

Here's the best part, turns out the spolier on my new 6 is actually functional.

*I just confused the Hell out of anyone reading this. "How can a spoiler on a front-wheel drive car be functional?"

Functional, in a different type of way. Due to the car's design, you can't see the top of the trunk lid from the Driver's seat. Normally, you'd have to guess how far the trunk extends past the rear window when backing up into a parking space. But with the optional spolier in place, you can use that as a reference point when backing up. The spoiler extends just past the trunk lid. So when you see the spoiler getting very close to say, the back wall of your garage, you know when to stop.

Just realized that today. My rear spoiler is functional! W00t!! :D

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened
I drive a 2002 VW GIT VR6. It is a kind of love hate thing. Somedays i like some days i hate .

I had the same car. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Super comfortable car, perfectly finished interior, and the engine is awesome. But they connected that little gem of a VR6 to a stick with about as much feel as the joystick from an Atari. The automatic climate control was a monstrosity to use with critical design errors like disabling AC when defrost is activated, meaning in the middle of winter, you have to use the AC at the max cold setting in order for it to kick in so the air can be dehumidified and defog your windshield. The windshield defrost was also terribly positioned, a good 6 inches above the wipers meaning they easily ice up. I don't know if I loved or hated that car.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's stopping GM, and Ford from bringing their 60-70mpg diesel compacts to the states, aside from red tape? They enjoy a good reputation in Europe as fuel efficient and relatively reliable.

Until they start offering products that consumers want they slide will continue. I'm not interested in bloated "compacts" that are as big as mid-sized cars of the 90s and get 28 on the highway. my 92 gets 32 on the highway and it has 215000 miles on it.

On a related note, consumers seem to continue to not grasp the connection between the North American economy and the North American auto industry. :(

U.S. auto sales plunge and recession deepens:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSWEN543220090303

The same is happening to japanese auto industry, where the average decline in sales is around 40% between the major players.

Last edited: