What Do You Drive?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owning a car isn't purely about getting from point A to point B. There's the enthusiasm that comes with driving that many people just love. For me, it's the purest feeling of freedom that I can experience...cruising down the highway, listening to music, leaving the stress of the world behind.

AMEN!

porche3zk1.jpg

There is no substitute!

Bill

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had the thought about getting something better on gas, but just couldn't find any replacement. What else out there can do the same thing? Cruising around with no top and doors in the summer, bombing through two feet deep snow in the winter, reliable as hell, and virtually door ding proof in parking lot!

dscn0691kc6ag9.jpg

ttran97, I can't believe it only worth 8k! :eek: I know I can get more than that for my jeep (8 years old too)!

Last edited:

mighty82

Enlightened
This is what i drive daily, a 2001 peugeot 406. 150hp hdi. I get about 50mpg. It have run 190000 miles.
1115422300_7c97b0141b.jpg

2441441762_f11bbc031c.jpg

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Since everyone else is posting car pics, this is my mom's car. She bought it new 2 years ago with money from an insurance settlement. It is the first new car she ever bought. Now she can hardly afford to drive it any more. If you notice, the passenger side window is broken. A few weeks after she bought the car someone stole the navigation computer one night right in our driveway. :scowl: At least the insurance paid for it. Of course the window is fixed now but I didn't have a more recent picture. Now we keep the car behind the locked gate all the time.

300C.jpg

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Here are my steeds:

Raleigh as it was:

Raleigh.jpg

Raleigh as it is now awaiting airless tires. Note the new aero wheels:

Raleigh_2.jpg

My "daily driver". This is actually just an old Huffy upgraded with a few spare parts (alloy wheels, new drivetrain, new seal-bearing crankset):

Second_Bike.jpg

I can't wait to get back on my Raleigh. This thing is the basic transportation of the bike world.

bitslammer

Enlightened
Unless it's very cold, wet, or I need more cargo space I ride one of these:

2goldssm.jpg

2002 1500cc Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak
1972 Honda CB 350 (350cc of course)

The big one is my weekly commute ride while the small one is for weekends and special occasions like shows, cruise in's etc.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
1999 Ford Explorer 4x4. 181,000 miles on the clock, cracked windshield, flashing overdrive light indicates that the torque converter is not locking up, needs a tranny rebuild. Used to get 17mpg city, now 13.8 mpg probably due to slipping tranny. If I can't get a killer deal on an '08 Pilot when the '09's hit the showroom next month, I'll rebuild the tranny on this one and drive it until it disintegrates. Its the Powernoodle way.

IMG00267.jpg

Wifey's '08 Honda CR-V. Sweet ride:

IMG00268.jpg

Restored 1969 CST-10 truck with 56K miles. I put about 200 miles a year on it:

truck2.jpg

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are my two babies (sorry for the bad pic, but I only ever seem able to park them nearby by night):

scootermotogf0.jpg

Gas saver on the left, fun ride on the right :D

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
My car and one of my working bikes. It's an old pic but the bike's so good (Intense Tracer) I haven't bought a new XC one since.

Volvo V70 R
Manual transmission, big dual-piston Brembo brakes, 300 hp but only on a cold day with good gas and a warm engine and high humidity with the A/C and traction control turned off etc etc.
I do like the car, though. I hope to drive it 'til it's unfixable.
I've tinted the windows since the photo.

blinky.jpg

Wish I could ride my bike into Boston/Cambridge but there's no good safe way from the South direction and a reactivated train line killed all hopes for a rail-to-trail. Man that train spews a lot of gunk. Hard to imagine it's really lowering pollution. Sorry. Back to topic...

Jumi

Enlightened
For winter and for icy roads, here with summer tyres.
22 year old Audi 90quattro also known as 4000CS
Audi90q-86.jpg

Arctic cat F5 SnoPro -03
F5-SnoPro03.jpg

For summer my newest, I have only had this for a month.
-86 928S
928sivu.jpg

Both winter vehicles needs massive work for next winter.
Audi has lost his teeths from flywheel
and Cat needs engine rebuilt :(

Juha

Latest posts