what electric razor do you use,those that do

It01Firefox

Newly Enlightened
Electric? Not enough horsepower..

shavelikeaman.jpg

That chain's got too much slack! That will damage the guide bar! :D

I've been using a Philips from the HQ6000 series (I don't remember the exact model number) for about 5 years now and I'm happy with it.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up a Norelco Arcitec. Shaves closer than the Braun and Panasonic foil shavers I had at one time. No complaints here.

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
Urghle..... one of the few inventions of modern time that I do not agree with. Just because you can attach an electric motor to something does not mean that it will work better.... I still shave with a straight razor, or when the mood strikes me, I might move up to a newfangled double edge safety razor, but just for fun. Most of my straight razors hail from the mid 1700s and will shave me well for the rest of my life and quite a few more generations after me if taken care of.

Yes, I do like new things too... here's a picture of my one and only brand new razor, I had it custom made by a knife/razor smith in the US by the name of Joe Chandler...

Regards

Kaptain "It was a close shave, not too close mind you, just close"Zero

I have tried electric razors.... and frankly, for me, the one that worked the best was a Remington but I don't know if the ones sold today are as good.

Joe%20Chandler.jpg

Last edited:

bltkmt

Enlightened
I am now in the market for an electric razor as well...have always used blades up to now. Looking for recommendations. Lots of decent press on the fairly expensive Braun Series 7 ($200)...any feedback?

Thanks.

I ended up getting the Panasonic ES8109S (around $100) and LOVE it so far. Shaves very close - just about as good as I did with a blade. The cleaning/charging station is nice and easy (although a bit loud) and the cleaning cartridges are not ridiculously expensive. Very happy with this razor so far.

mikeyx

Enlightened
I've never been able to get a close and comfortable shave without using a rotary razor. So my choice has always been the Norelcos. My current shaver is the 7310XL. Great shave, easy to clean (head can be rinsed), long-lasting cutters, and inexpensive ($30 - $40).

Mike

melbo

Newly Enlightened
I've been a wet shave guy for all my life and just recently my wife bought me a Norelo Arcitec. It's no where near as close as a wet shave but does an acceptable job.

Electric razors never seem to get the softer (longer) neck hair right below my jawline.

Actually looking at straight razors right now for a new adventure.

expeditionary

Newly Enlightened
I have always used a regular razor, but wanted an electric to supplement about 2 years ago. I got a braun 370, which was under a hundred bucks. Its does a pretty good job on my face, but I found that if I let it go too long, then it can tear my face up because my facial hair is thick. I have tried other more expensive ones to see if they did any better, but no luck. I have stick to using a regular blade and supplement the off days with my braun that has taken a beating in the two years Ive had it.