What flashlight can survive EMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My company has one. No cell phone coverage in there.

I've been inside a DuPont building with the same thing taking place. No walkie-talkies either.

Can you come over and explain that to my wife?

I didn't think I could laugh any harder after I read this ^

Until I read this:

Any flashlight outside the blast zone(s) will survive. Head for the hills.

If I know someone is dropping the nuclear hammer I will make a necklace out of all of my lamp assemblies, grab a six pack and sit on my roof. When my necklace flashes I'll slam my last beer!!!

It'll be glorious man!!!

What an awesome thread.!:twothumbs

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grounding would greatly improve its function, but the main idea is to create a space that the emp pulse is guided around and not allowed through.

This is what I never got about this whole silly thing, if your supposed to keep things in a metal box "say radio and it doesn't get any reception then it works:twothumbs" well if the antenna is touching the box it will get reception "thus it would die:poof:" so a full metal flashlight's internals are touching it's own "box AKA it's body" so wouldn't it just make things worse:crazy:?

bodhran

Enlightened
First of all...do you know something I don't? Second...how many lumens would your own body produce and would you really need a flashlight. Just curious.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all...do you know something I don't? Second...how many lumens would your own body produce and would you really need a flashlight. Just curious.

Yes do some resource,

This topic has been hashed to death before here and here.Also there's some more discussion here and here.

Obviously everyone will be worrying about more then flashlights in a nuclear bomb destruction radius. This is about when they are use only for their EMP capabilities in the atmosphere "where they will not damage anything on the ground and "lighting" will be a huge concern when allmost all power grids are down :ohgeez:.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I think it's a joke post about somebody having previous knowlege that a bomb is on it's way. Not towards you - DO NOT ANGER THE JUGGERNAUT! :)

I was going to post my ammo can thought but was beaten to it! And the Microwave idea tops it totally!
Time to find a really big microwave....................

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
As mentioned above, this subject has been discussed exhaustively on several previous occasions. Links are given above, so this thread can close.

Status
Not open for further replies.