What is a "fake" laser?

jhosaki

Newly Enlightened
Actually, from this point forward ALL Hercules and Aries purchased from Laserglow will be engraved with the product logo, company logo, labels for buttons and LEDs and whatnot. It looks REALLY good and it will definitely separate our product from the "generic" lookalikes out there. Also to note is that the Hercules and Aries now come in an awesome hard-shell foam lined case with the model name engraved on the case itself. We just managed to flip the old unbranded stock so we will be updating our website with new pictures showing the custom engraving very shortly. If you really want to see it just email me and I'll send you some pics!

Unfortunately, I cannot mail you a sticker since we're actually engraving the laser body itself... Sorry! I suppose if you wanted to ship the laser back to us we could custom engrave it for a small fee. Let me know if you want more details.

photonxiii

Newly Enlightened
If you really want to get rid of the "generic" look...maybe it's time to design "new" casings to make them look more "original"... :naughty:

BlueFusion

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I think laserglow would like you to think that they are exclusive distributors. No offense justin.
It may be a fault on CNI's part, but anyone theoretically can become a distributor with CNI and purchase their PGL-III lasers. Ask pseudonomen137. (member of several forums including LPF
Hell ask me! And, in quantity, they _can_ be significantly cheaper than commercial resellers.

Last edited:

jhosaki

Newly Enlightened
Well, you can contact CNI if you want. Ask them if you can buy a PGL-III >200mW or a Hercules and see what they say. CNI forwards me emails from customers looking for these products all day long, so don't be surprised if you hear back from me instead of them!

We're not exclusive distributors for ALL CNI products, just the Hercules and any other green handhelds >200mW. I have read the contract myself. We spent a lot on the development expenses and our engineers collaborated on the design with theirs, so I feel that we have earned the right to defend that title. Seriously, ask CNI yourself if you doubt the veracity of my claims, but I don't make a habit of lying for my employer because I don't think it's right.

swordfish

Newly Enlightened
I've been following this thread for a while now and I was pleasantly surprised to find this on the techlasers website: how to verify your laser. My crossfire 300mW (a PGL-III 532 on CNI's site) was verified by a certain "Liu" of CNI from their customer support department.

This is good news for techlasers customers who are in doubt, (like I was...:eek:) just remember to say "check the domestic market records" because techlasers is based in China and their lasers are filed under that classification.

This is a result of a lot of emails back and forth from techlasers to CNI and back...kudos to both their customer supports for bearing with me.

jhosaki

Newly Enlightened
It is sort of a glaring omission on Techlasers' page, I think, to mention every laser except the one which we have ardently claimed is not genuine. The lasers which Optotronics claims as knock-offs are also not mentioned here. I think my point is proven.

Latest posts