What is Solar Forces brightest light?

llmercll

Newly Enlightened
Just as the title says, I'm curious which of Solarforces lights are the brightest.

Thank you!

masterP

Newly Enlightened
it says 2200 lumens....I wonder what the actual lumens is?

not trashing Solarforce. I have an XML T6 drop in that's rated at 820 lumens on their site. in reality I'd say it's half of that.

still a great deal. I just wish they'd be a bit more honest with their ratings

xed888

Enlightened
I remember people on BLF testing it as a true 2200 lumens. Its probably on the S2200 thread over at BLF

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
I have the S1100, and it's a great thrower. From what I've read (may have been BLF), the 1100 actually out-throws the 2200, though the 2200 is brighter. Apparently the 2200 is a bit on the floodier side and puts out more light in that respect. I don't have a 2200 to compare, but if that's actually the case, I'd say go with the 1100 for more pure throw and the 2200 if you're more interested in lighting up a huge area.

llmercll

Newly Enlightened
That sounds great, I like more floody lights and if the s2200 is the brightest and fairly floody it will be make me happy =)

harro

Enlightened
I own an S1100 and S2200. About the only thing the same with them, is their housing. The 1100 isvery throwy, and also very similar to Thrunite's excellent Tn31. Quite a narrow beam with not a lot of spill, and a heap of distance. The 2200 is a different beast altogether. It has reasonable distance and a heap of spill. A beautiful tint from the big M2-GT die helps also. They both have very clear a/r coated lenses, and the 2200 has a gentle o/p reflector to help smooth out that beam. The 2200, while not quite in the league of say, a TK70 or 75 Fenix, is certainly not disgraced in any way. ( I did have some beamshots once of all the afforementioned lights in, i think ' led flashlights ' , but they may be gone by now ). The 2200 also has an extremely simple ui of low-med-high recurring, where the 1100 adds strobe and sos to that, and can be a pain cause you have to cycle through them everytime you want to change brightness.
The only weakness, IMVHO, is the battery carrier. While in the same vein as Thrunite, they have to be inserted into the body in one direction only ( clearly marked ) , and the negative springs are not the strongest ive seen. Having said that, neither of mine have failed, but i do take care when inserting cells after charging.
If hunting is on the agenda, then i'd go for the 1100, but if not, the 2200 is the go. It does most things pretty well. Just feed it with reasonable cells. I use Eagletac 3100's in mine.