What is up with WTS info disappearing?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking for a post in WTS that was only months old, pretty sure the sale was not complete. FWIW, older Hellfire for $600 last I saw. Can't find it. It's not coming up on searches, and I scoured the forums for an hour looking at every title going back months, and I can't find it. Maybe it's there and I glazed by it, or maybe it was deleted.

I thought it was policy, but maybe it wasn't... that sales info stayed up in any of the WTS forums, what the sale prices were, what was sold, and if they posted in the thread, who bought what, so that if someone was trying to figure out what something cost and when, they could use that information.

I have been noticing the disturbing trend of all information being removed by sellers as soon as the sale is complete, or if they pull the sale.

What's up with this? Is keeping the information available no longer policy? Or was it never policy, just convention? And if the latter, is it no longer convention? Since when?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
This is a weird thing that happens all over the place. I can understand marking the sale complete and removing some logistics verbiage but I too have found the tendency to delete prices a bit frustrating.