What is your Friday night beer of the night?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I sit here getting ready for Discovery Channel's Man vs. Wild, I am enjoying a Smithwick's (they say h is silent) at the recommendation of a friend. It is made by Guinness and I would classify it as a Guinness light. It has some flavor characteristics of Guinness with maybe a little Killian's thrown in but is much less bitter. All and all I would recommend it, particularly for a Guinness summer beer. What other beers by any chance are cpfers enjoying?

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently enjoying and Icehouse. My favorites include New Castle, Blue Moon and on a hot summer day a Corona with a twist of lime!

Cheers!

Last edited:

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wife and I are having a Dos Equis (amber) at the moment. It's our perennial favorite, but we've also been indulging recently in a little Negra Modelo, as well (which is a bit darker). :)

Last edited:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I drank, it would have to be Corona. I don't know if it is good or not, but it would *have* to be Corona.
I carried a pager 24x7x365 for over 15 years and saw their ad where the guy skipped it across the water.

It would have to be Corona for that memory.

carrot

Flashaholic
Not drinking, but I really like Yuengling Black & Tan and their regular lager. Supposed to be America's oldest brewery and they only distribute along the east coast. Since you're (geepondy) in Massachusetts, you should be able to find some.

KingGlamis

Banned
Go ahead, laugh. I usually drink cheap beer. Tonight it is Natural Light. :D

Probably correlates to the fact that I don't own a bunch of expensive flashlights.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have Lagunitas IPA - a case at costco runs 18.99, so it's affordable.

Yumm... let's have another!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try one. Most likely Kappy's a large chain liquor store here in MA will carry it.

Not drinking, but I really like Yuengling Black & Tan and their regular lager. Supposed to be America's oldest brewery and they only distribute along the east coast. Since you're (geepondy) in Massachusetts, you should be able to find some.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooo, last night it was a 22oz can of King Cobra malt liquor.:sick2:
Normally it'd be something nicer more Bavarian, but ya gotta drink the old before buying the new. I've gotten on a gin kick lately, it's pretty great stuff.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Not too picky, at least not vocally so in Napa Valley. But I do have my preferences. Some faves include Racer5 on tap (not the bottle), Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Anchor Steam, Tsing Tao, Żywiec, Negra Modelo, Kirin and tecate in a can. All depends on the food I'm eating. Just a cold one by itself, Brown & Newcastle by george!

Norm

Retired Administrator
vbib0.jpg
Not
fostershg2.jpg

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sam Summer is in full season!!

Rest of the year is a mix of Sam light and Coors light. Depends on what I feel like for the night...

When I go out it doesn't even matter.. Bud light, Miller lite.. it's all good :)