what is your most powerful mod flashlight?

Nomad

Enlightened
Right now it's a MAG 3D with 5 Aero 1/2 Ds and an Osram 35 watt 6 volt bulb. It'd be much brighter if over driven, but I don't have another 1/2 D bulb so it's staying in the 3D host. :)

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently as far as modded lights go, my 2D ROP HOLA is my brightest at ~750 lumens out the front on cells hot off the charger(2x18650's). My favorite and most used mods are my two beauties created by Icarus; my Tri-LuxV(500 lumens) and Quad-LuxIII(350 lumens). The Quad-LuxIII has become my ultimate dog walking light.... 350 lumens out the front with ~9,000 lux @ one meter and a nice bright spill beam, and a bit over 2hrs. of dead flat regulation :grin2: I usually carry along my 2C ROP LOLA in my back pocket if I need to light something up far away....

mdocod

Flashaholic
Filippo,

I would estimate 3500 torch lumens with the high beam, the low beam, and the little lights on the outside turned on. but it only lasts about 4 minutes with everything turned on, (draws about 29 amps). It's not very efficiancy because the bulbs are only seeing about 11 volts, the spotlight bulb in the middle isn't very efficient until around 14.5V, and the MR-16s on the outside would probably need more like 18V before they get exciting. It could probably do ~7000+ torch lumens with a custom battery pack and/or regulator running closer to 400 watts.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
mdocod said:
Filippo,

I would estimate 3500 torch lumens with the high beam, the low beam, and the little lights on the outside turned on. but it only lasts about 4 minutes with everything turned on, (draws about 29 amps). It's not very efficiancy because the bulbs are only seeing about 11 volts, the spotlight bulb in the middle isn't very efficient until around 14.5V, and the MR-16s on the outside would probably need more like 18V before they get exciting. It could probably do ~7000+ torch lumens with a custom battery pack and/or regulator running closer to 400 watts.

thanks, I was very curious...:grin2:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
My biggest gun is this 24V 10K Lumen Monster, created by the incredibly talented cmacclel (Mac), in a chrome FM 3H host. :devil: Raw power and beauty all rolled into one. :)

IMG_0487-vi.jpg
http://images19.fotki.com/v358/photos/1/141020/3830456/IMG_0487-vi.jpg
Good pic courtesy of Mac

Monster10K.jpg

Snow-shot :laughing:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
EricMack said:
My biggest gun is this 24V 10K Lumen Monster, created by the incredibly talented cmacclel (Mac), in a chrome FM 3H host. :devil: Raw power and beauty all rolled into one.

wow:drool:
what do you used to made this mod flashlight??

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, :thinking:.. not shure..

Maxablaster?? That is, if 5 miles of throw is enough for this thread..

Regards,

Ra.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric - wow, what the heck?? That thing is huge! How many lumens we talking?

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
mcmc said:
Eric - wow, what the heck?? That thing is huge! How many lumens we talking?

If I remember correctly, I believe that set-up is rated somewhere around 10,000 bulb-lumens! :rock: That is got to be one of the most bad-a#% set-ups out there, awesome light Eric :grin2:

Latest posts