What is Zebralight working on?

mightysparrow

Enlightened
ZL mentioned the possibility of the designers working on adapting SC5 electronics to the SC52 form factor. That and an analog update for the SC32 would have me opening up my papal acct. for both.

I finally ordered a SC32 a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping the new SC32 doesn't appear too soon :naughty:, but I have been hoping for the SC5 innards in a SC52 for factor, so that would be terribly tempting for me, too.

dubliftment

Newly Enlightened
I hope they are working on some minor tweaks of the otherwise great UI:

- battery indicator flashes on M1 instead of H1 because it is disturbingly bright in most conditions and you can always make sure you see the flashes on M1 or even L1 by holding your hand in front of the lens.

- While you are in any of the sublevels, double-klick-and-hold to cycle through all 3 of them, chose one by releasing the switch. doesn't interfere with the programmed sublevel (this was suggested by TCY and I strongly favor this).

- while in medium mode: press-and-hold cycles through the 3 levels without starting from Low.

- for programmability: the addition of 2-3 sublevels to H1,M1,L1. when you are in H1,H1,L1, you make 6 double clicks and get sublevels to chose from by double-click (for the SC600 FD Plus for example I am swapping the 429 and 270Lm quite often, so the 270Lm level should be selectable in M1 as well.) And H2 can be programmed into H2A-H2B or H2C just like now. The instant accessability of 3 Main levels and memory only for the 3 Sublevels should not be changed because this is the trademark of ZL just as the gray anodizing, secure tailstandability or the rubber side-switch.

- For the blinky modes I only hope they leave them where they are and keep the 0.2Hz L2 mode. I always chose this one because it is barely noticable and doesn't hurt if I accidentally mess up timing. This is annoying with all the ZL lights where alls blinky modes are in H1.

- skip the use of AR coated lenses for the sake of less tint-shift. The 5-ish Lumens or so you gain by using AR-coating are not worth the trade-off in beam quality.

drummer132132

Enlightened
I hope they are working on some minor tweaks of the otherwise great UI:

- battery indicator flashes on M1 instead of H1 because it is disturbingly bright in most conditions and you can always make sure you see the flashes on M1 or even L1 by holding your hand in front of the lens.

- While you are in any of the sublevels, double-klick-and-hold to cycle through all 3 of them, chose one by releasing the switch. doesn't interfere with the programmed sublevel (this was suggested by TCY and I strongly favor this).

- while in medium mode: press-and-hold cycles through the 3 levels without starting from Low.

- for programmability: the addition of 2-3 sublevels to H1,M1,L1. when you are in H1,H1,L1, you make 6 double clicks and get sublevels to chose from by double-click (for the SC600 FD Plus for example I am swapping the 429 and 270Lm quite often, so the 270Lm level should be selectable in M1 as well.) And H2 can be programmed into H2A-H2B or H2C just like now. The instant accessability of 3 Main levels and memory only for the 3 Sublevels should not be changed because this is the trademark of ZL just as the gray anodizing, secure tailstandability or the rubber side-switch.

- For the blinky modes I only hope they leave them where they are and keep the 0.2Hz L2 mode. I always chose this one because it is barely noticable and doesn't hurt if I accidentally mess up timing. This is annoying with all the ZL lights where alls blinky modes are in H1.

- skip the use of AR coated lenses for the sake of less tint-shift. The 5-ish Lumens or so you gain by using AR-coating are not worth the trade-off in beam quality.

I like the idea of double click and hold on second click to cycle through the secondary sub levels. Can really pick and choose desired output for any occasion.