What lights do you bring to Disneyland?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The parking lot is pretty far and a long walk after taking the shuttle, so better be prepared to go back to your car trip takes about 30 min, if you carry blades unless you "surrender" your beloved sebenza to the guard (yeah right)

Being used to places like O'Hare airport in Chicago I was completely impressed with the ease of getting from the parking lot to the park and back again. In and out of the florida part is so easy as to be almost painless. None of the parking we used was more than a few moments tram ride into the lot, and no long walks or anything really. Unfortunately, they dont check your bags till you get off the monorails at the park itself so if you had to go back you'd have to ride all the way back around the lake and then catch a tram to your car and then back again. So it would definitely be a pain.

You'll be walking all day lugging anything that you bring along, so you wont want to actually carry too much. But I always feel that at least 2 little lights and a multi-tool of some kind never go amiss ;) I didn't bring the micra or anything like that, but I did have my swiss key knife thing and they didn't seem to care about that.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 4 years ago I went to Disney with a few lights and they were great to use late at night. The paths are kinda dark after the parade and after the shows. I think I had a SureFire 8nx (rechargeable), a G2, and my trusty Arc LSH-P.

When we left I accidentally left my Arc in the hotel room. The room service called me when I got back to Massachusetts. They found my $200+ flashlight and shipped it back to me for free!

Disney rocks. Clean, efficient, and also surprisingly good food.

BTW I've stayed in Disney and offsite. I liked the food at the Safari lodge (name=??) the best and the Wilderness lodge was nice to get to the main park on a boat ride. Bring ways to get the kids back at night because they'll probably just collapse while heading back to wherever you need to go! :)

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing, isn't it? When my wife was 16, she lost her Mickey Mouse ears on a ride. Disneyland's customer service MAILED her a new set of ears - to her home in Canada!

Wow -- That undoubtably made her very happy about Disney, with great memories. I think they have an incredible understanding of how to treat customers as people.

Arkayne

Enlightened
I brought my red A2 to Disneyland last year and while in line to enter the park an attendant walked up to me and asked me what the thing clipped in my pocket was. I pulled it out, showed her the red led's first and then the incan. "So, that's not a laser is it?" "No, it's just a light." "Ok, enjoy your stay." Off I went.

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
I'm heading out to Disney World in October and planned on carrying my Leatherman in my Fatboy (along with a light or two). I'd hate to have it confiscated at the gate...

Just a follow-up for those interested...

I just spent six days in four Disney World parks. Each day I carried a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipak. Security checked the bag each day. It was more of a quick peek inside - only once did someone open all the pockets. They didn't seem too thorough - some of them didn't even open the pocket that can hold a CCW holster (containing my small camera and a Inova Bolt AA). One of the guards joked that he was looking for beer, which would explain why they ignored the smaller pockets.

I had my Leatherman in the bottom of the front pocket, underneath some other stuff. To be fair, nobody saw it, so I don't know if it was even allowed. I didn't need to use it, so it rode there the whole trip. They did see the flashlight and didn't say anything, as expected. They also didn't check pockets. It looks like the security checkpoint was more for show.