What lights your fire?

cutlerylover

Banned
you know the steel wool and 9V battery is a neat little trick...good to know in case your maybe stuck at home cause of a winter storm, and lets say theres no more matches in the house...no lighters to be found either, and too much snow to drive anywhere, but you have wood and a stove to burn it in, just no way of lighting the fire...well anyone who works with wod should have soem steel wool, and almost every single house has a smoke alarm that takes a 9V battey...this coud bail you out or you could just have fun with this to start a camp fire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpJHK6voAhg

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning on lighting our Shamash (for Hannukah) with a different method every night. I've used one of those little o-ringed survival lighters, a Zippo clone, and my Colibri Trident. Tomorrow, I'll light one of those little pencil torches with a flint and steel and use that. Maybe pre-lighting a bit of fire-stick and then using that would work out, and I haven't used a Bic yet.

cutlerylover

Banned
I'm planning on lighting our Shamash (for Hannukah) with a different method every night. I've used one of those little o-ringed survival lighters, a Zippo clone, and my Colibri Trident. Tomorrow, I'll light one of those little pencil torches with a flint and steel and use that. Maybe pre-lighting a bit of fire-stick and then using that would work out, and I haven't used a Bic yet.

interesting....I am not sure when you are suppose to light it becasue I am not jewish, but if its during the day or even at night for that matter, I migh suggest trying to get a candle wick to light with a magnified glass in the sunlight...if your suppose to light it at night you cna keep the candle going all day...Just an idea..?