What rifle flashlight & glove is this?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search Nomex gloves, they look similar..

First photo of soldier wearing the glove could be just a staged photo shoot?

If you don't mind me asking, why the obsession with that glove?

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
Search Nomex gloves, they look similar..

First photo of soldier wearing the glove could be just a staged photo shoot?

If you don't mind me asking, why the obsession with that glove?
They were doing a promotional special forces video. Then I found out this curious looking glove. And I want a pair of gloves that look exactly the same as that. But however no luck on Google search results

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try getting some Mechanix Wear gloves in Multicam. They were very popular with soldiers back when I was an armed criminal.

The only downside is if you wear them operating an FNH Minimi you need to cut the tip of the trigger finger off because it will get caught between the trigger and trigger guard. The D Ring keeps them clipped to a chest rig or webbing.

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
Try getting some Mechanix Wear gloves in Multicam. They were very popular with soldiers back when I was an armed criminal.

The only downside is if you wear them operating an FNH Minimi you need to cut the tip of the trigger finger off because it will get caught between the trigger and trigger guard. The D Ring keeps them clipped to a chest rig or webbing.
I will probably get a Mechanix one or European one. Many tactical glove manufacturers nowadays outsource their production overseas. Very hard to find an American made one like Line of Fire, Drifire. Holik from Czech makes great gloves.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
In video are there other soldiers wearing that same glove?
Could be he was gloveless and the director said here put these on..

Like Letschat mentioned, US Special Forces wear Mechanix.. and criminals alike, LoL 🇺🇲

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
In video are there other soldiers wearing that same glove?
Could be he was gloveless and the director said here out these on..

Like Letschat mentioned, US Special Forces wear Mechanix.. and criminals alike, LoL 🇺🇲

Do you think those gloves he was wearing was cheap Asian made work gloves or imported ones? I don't think any manufacturer in North America, Europe would want to make those gloves in their own countries

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will probably get a Mechanix one or European one. Many tactical glove manufacturers nowadays outsource their production overseas. Very hard to find an American made one like Line of Fire, Drifire. Holik from Czech makes great gloves.
Made in Vietnam. That doesn't bother me so much though they haven't given me any reason to doubt their quality.

Attachments

• 7A1AB4AD-CFE9-4F21-A0E8-07DBFF696F51.jpeg
    7A1AB4AD-CFE9-4F21-A0E8-07DBFF696F51.jpeg
    938 KB · Views: 39

hsinchong

Newly Enlightened
Definitely a military glove. I was thinking Viper or First Tactical but all they have are black, no gray.
The adjustable wrist area is black, when I searched nomex glove grey in Chinese. Nothing came out, it is definitely a foreign brand.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
It can't be cold in Hong Kong and Vietnam, most likely just to wick sweat away from hands and prevent them from slipping.

This is Hong Kong, they can do anything there. The lantern looks very similar to SF, but it could be Sotac. I don't have enough video resolution to understand whether it's a reflector or a TIR

They also had versions with TIR, but theyr TIR differs from the original in the central part