What shoes do you wear the most often?

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
Almost always wear a pair of running shoes. The last two pair have been Nike's. Running shoes seem to be the most comfortable for my life style. Work, School, Chase the kids around.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reef flip-flops with the bottle opener on the bottom....:twothumbs

ME TOO!!! :crackup:

I have four pair of Reefs!! Absolutely love em. If they let me wear the to work I would.

reef_2415BTA.jpg

They even came out with a model that has a 1.5oz flask built into them. Totally freakin' ridiculous.... but I do get some milage out of the bottle opener pair. :party:

MSax

Martin

Enlightened
ME TOO!!! :crackup:

I have four pair of Reefs!! Absolutely love em. If they let me wear the to work I would.

They even came out with a model that has a 1.5oz flask built into them. Totally freakin' ridiculous.... but I do get some milage out of the bottle opener pair. :party:

MSax

+1. I've ordered myself a pair from US, 3 weeks ago. My Teva falling apart.

e2x2e

Enlightened
I'm tough on my boots, I get a new pair every few months. I like low cut boots better than sneakers or regular boots.

DieselTech

Enlightened
Working or running errands through the week, I wear a pair of Red Wing steel toe, high top boots. Working around the house on the weekends, I wear the exact same pair of boots.

Somewhere around the house I have a pair of tennis shoe type 'hiking boots' and some low cut dress shoes. I plan on replacing both with a nice, dressy pair of "Go to Meeting" high top Red Wing boots in a month or two. :popcorn:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wear New Balance 1123's. Even though I'm a car messenger, I often park a couple of blocks away, or more, (for lack of parking in LA!) and run to and from the pick up/drop off site. I was using lesser shoes (cheaper New Balance cross trainers), but my knees were hurting and so were my ankles (which are a real problem area on me), so I went ahead and bought the top of the line running shoes, and the problems I was having have been alleviated greatly! Those are my "work shoes." If I'm not wearing those, I'm usually wearing another pair of New Balance running shoes, but a more attractive pair. (them 1123's aren't exactly what you'd call handsome!) I've mainly been sticking to New Balance, because they all come in width sizes. I used to buy ill fitting shoes and just broke them in, but now that I buy shoes for my proper width, which is 4E, my shoes are absolutely comfortable the first time I wear them. My wife just found out she has a wide foot, too, and bought her first pair of wide sized New Balance, and she says it's "really different," and possibly the most comfortable shoes she's ever had.

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've worn Reefs for the last 10 or so years, a pair lasts me atleast 6 years! Today I bought my first non-Reef flip flop, a pair of Nike Celsos:
http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,pdp,_pdp,cid-1/gid-64830/pid-99023&re=US&co=US&la=EN
The straps are some sort of stretchy bathing-suit material that holds them onto my feet well. The only problem I have with flip flops is after a few years I need to fold the straps and safety pin them so they fit tighter. The best pair of flips I ever bought was my first pair, a pair Reef has since discontinued, with adjustable velcro straps. I still ebay that model every summer, found a pair last year in 9, too small. :(
When it's below 70 or raining, it's Docs. I got my first pair in 1992, and still have them. I don't wear them anymore though, I wear a pair I got around 1999, they're still in great shape.
I didn't know Docs were going back to
UK to be made, hurray!

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Any brand of comfortable cross-trainers when not "on the clock," except when it's raining. Then it's a pair of Bogs waterproof shoes. Alternate fair weather shoes would be Merrell light hikers. Too many brands of casual dress shoes.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Wolverine steel toe oil resistant workboots during the winter.

Avia camping sneakers lately because they are so comfy.
shoesar4.jpg

Its summer now so I get around in some generic Target flip flops. Those reefs look really nice though.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doc Martens safety toes.

it's borderline blasphemy for a Limey to misspell its name:crackup:

I'm looking forward to their upcoming classic line that's produced in England again. I just found a pair of industrial steel toes that was made in England.

Now THAT is the blasphemy. That they were ever allowed to be produced in China. I've heard from way too many how they loved their England produced Marten's but then they became sub par shoes once they left. From cheaper materials used on the tongues to eyelets to other complaints.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Reef flip-flops with the bottle opener on the bottom....:twothumbs

Me too on the shoes I wear most often and actually these are the only shoes I wear but no need for the bottle opener and my feet are in these maybe 5-10% of the time at most. I am most fortunate to be able to keep the soles of my feet in contact with what I am walking on and wouldn't have it any other way. For me, wearing shoes is akin to wearing gloves but much stinker in aftermath! :green:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i hate shoes they hurt my feet.so im usably shoe less .but if i wear shoes there hand me down new balance shoes .

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
too hard to say, i have 25+ pairs :whistle:

custom and limited k-swiss, tons of asics onitsuka tigers, fencing shoes, discus shoes, all kinds...