What to do with 2 broken Coast G25 lights?

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of them to work for a little while but it stopped working. Unfortunately they've been dropped (which is why they don't work) so they're not covered under warranty. The LED portion seem to have been damaged. Since they're $20 probably isn't worth getting replacement parts that's if Coast even offers that. Maglite shipped me a new emitter under warranty on a D cell Mag that quit working.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had one given to me that didn't work due to battery leak. Coast did not sell new battery holders for it at the time. I emailed them and asked if there was a source for them. I told them it was given to me and why. The response asked for my address. About a week later a new G25 arrived at my house.

Reach out to Coast. You might be surprised.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone left a Coast at work and now it lights my bathroom. They are like a crude unrefined Lenser which is no surprise since they used to import them before Leatherman had them.

I had wondered what happened to LED Lenser. They're still selling the P7 light. That was my first higher powered LED light.

Oh wait it's the T7 I have

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Become a collector of broken Coast flashlights? (just kidding).

Depending on what's broken, they may be useful for parts for future similar lights (thinking of tailcaps etc.). Depends on you storage space and tolerance for holding onto things which are not working.

Dave

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Become a collector of broken Coast flashlights? (just kidding).

Depending on what's broken, they may be useful for parts for future similar lights (thinking of tailcaps etc.). Depends on you storage space and tolerance for holding onto things which are not working.

Dave

It's just the LED emitters that doesn't work. It doesn't seem there are replacement parts but someone suggested I reach out to Coast to see what they will offer. Probably new lights lol.