What To Do With A Streamlight SL-20X

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just given a Streamlight SL-20X today. It didn't even have a battery stick in it. There were alkaline D cells in it! Anyway, I am trying to determine what to do with it now. I think I have a charger sleeve at home. It will/would need a battery stick. Are there any Terralux or other LED conversions available at this point?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Unfortunately the rechargeable Streamlight battery stick for it has been discontinued. Not sure how badly you want to upgrade it. Might just be better off selling it, as is.

Reactions: JAS

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just given a Streamlight SL-20X today. It didn't even have a battery stick in it.
You can use pair of 26650 cells with some spacer instead of original battery pack and overdrive original lamp or even brighter SL-35 halogen lamp.
Much lighter weight, much brighter, much whiter beam and much longer run time.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I will give that some thought.

I would really like to see it converted to LED, though.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I will give that some thought.

I would really like to see it converted to LED, though.

Why is that? It's easy enough to just buy an LED flashlight. There's a billion out there. This light has other potential than just being another LED light. Incan/Xenon-Halogen lights have their advantages to be sure.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is that? It's easy enough to just buy an LED flashlight. There's a billion out there. This light has other potential than just being another LED light. Incan/Xenon-Halogen lights have their advantages to be sure.

Think of it like the "RESTOMOD" (I detest this apparently non override-able auto-correct). Modern performance (/conveniences) in a vintage piece. It's quite the rage in the car world these days, and I 'get it'. Of course there's always a place for 'original' as well.

Last edited: